theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

I've been here a few months, and I thought this forum is pretty awesome, you guys are cool. The iMDB boards? Uh, "not so much" would be an understatement. 

Hey so how about I, Frankenstein? Did everybody here know that Fishnets was rudely and unfairly banned from the thread? Whassup wit dat!

Lol.

That moment when a Friday thread gets derailed.

Is Ray considered a sellout? What was Shawn's role back then?

A mod, I recomended him and VS as I was the only mod working on the site which was very hectic.

The forums went down and never came back up for weeks. They had went down once before and came back up. I guess they didn't want to spend the money to keep it up. They directed everybody to post on the IMDB box office forum. As if... lol.

Those were the dark days. Luckily Shawn had the backup site, which was used once previously when the boards went down. Everything is history as Shawn has created a great community. Big thanks to him and everyone involved.  :bravo:  :bravo:

• Like 2

Is Ray considered a sellout? What was Shawn's role back then?

At first yes we were all very angry. But I understand it now. He's my age. Probably needed the stability. It worked out the best for all of us. Look at Shawn. Worked out great for him too. So why not. I have no ill will towards Ray.

I've been here a few months, and I thought this forum is pretty awesome, you guys are cool. The iMDB boards? Uh, "not so much" would be an understatement. 

It looks terrible. TERRIBLE.

This is hands down the best forum I have joined.

• Like 1

Ahh.I always visited boxofficemojo. Never thought to look at the forums.You guys are awesome! I been here almost a year now. I didn't think i could get back into posting on forums anymore buy this community is awesome.

It really is. That's why it was so important to keep it going after mojo. But there was a wealth of information in that forum. I had been lurking for years. People were hardcore into their predictions. There were lots of theater workers who gave great crowd reports every weekend. Vanilla doesn't post much anymore but he was one that did it a lot. Guys crunched the numbers. It was a different and unique forum.

• Like 3

A mod, I recomended him and VS as I was the only mod working on the site which was very hectic.

Not gonna lie, until I found about Ray and Sean a couple of months after I joined, you being the only mod made me think that you founded Mojo.

It really is. That's why it was so important to keep it going after mojo. But there was a wealth of information in that forum. I had been lurking for years. People were hardcore into their predictions. There were lots of theater workers who gave great crowd reports every weekend. Vanilla doesn't post much anymore but he was one that did it a lot. Guys crunched the numbers. It was a different and unique forum.

And my lists. All my lists were lost. F*ck!

• Like 1

Everyone here seems cool. Although when I first started, it seemed like people were dicks here. :)

That whole summer with DH2 releasing was kinda hilarious on BOM. So many trolls, both pro- and anti- Potter (Pointman!)

Ah Pointman and his Tron Legacy obsession.  Does he post here under a different name?

This place is so much better than BOM, though. It was a nightmare navigating threads and for all sorts of basic stuff.

Couldn't even post a picture lol

• Like 2