theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Very few expected Battleship or John Carter to do well, especially when we go to release.

Trek is going to come in well below the deflated expectations from this week.

And I have no idea what the fuck happened to my picture. What the hell is that weird dude?! FUUUCK

IM3 should be able to pull in 33M+ for this weekend if that 9.2M number holds.

I don't know how to extrapolate for TGG  :mellow:

Edited by Sam

Seriously, massively incredibly disappointing. I don't think there's been a blockbuster that's underperformed this much relative to even modest expectations since at least Prince Caspian. Barring a huge Saturday increase, $220m doesn't even seem likely. Unbelievable.

Kung Fu Panda 2.

Never forget.

:(

Very few expected Battleship or John Carter to do well, especially when we go to release.

Trek is going to come in well below the deflated expectations from this week.

And I have no idea what the fuck happened to my picture. What the hell is that weird dude?! FUUUCK

You're definitely right about John Carter, but I think there was some real optimism for Battleship considering its summer release date and Transformers-like premise.  Actually STiD seems to be following in Battleship's footsteps.  Both released two weeks after the huge marvel movie of the summer.

IM3 should be able to pull in 33M+ for this weekend if that 9.2M number holds.

I don't know how to extrapolate for TGG  :mellow:

TGG is holding well because it's not a movie for the blockbuster crowd.

TGG is holding well because it's not a movie for the blockbuster crowd.

yeah, I know that. What I don't know is how to extrapolate for the weekend from that Friday number  :mellow:

So, here's Rth latest update for those who haven't seen it  :(

Think I'm just going to give up on working out STid,  looks like BOG earlier est he got 21-23m is more on the cards, strange but still it happens, I can't see anything drastically happening to increase it
Stid 21-23, IM3 9.2, TGG 7.4

Think I'm just going to give up on working out STid,  looks like BOG earlier est he got 21-23m is more on the cards, strange but still it happens, I can't see anything drastically happening to increase itStid 21-23, IM3 9.2, TGG 7.4

WTF? I know where your numbers come from. How can you be so far off?