theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

If it gets to 100m over the 4-day then yes, 300m will happen. If the OW is around 90, then ST2 should settle for 275m. I don't know why do you guys expect bad legs, the first film opened to 75m and ended up over 250m. Or opening higher is a bad thing? WoM is good.

Well, it is a 4-day opening, as opposed to ST09's 3-day opening,

it is a sequel, so it is naturally more frontloaded,

and it faces FF6, TH3 + Epic next weekend, which also means a smaller screen count, in addition to more competition.

Will it have legs better than Indy 4? Definitely.

Will it have a 2.75+ multiplier? Highly doubt it.

Edited by zenithtim
  • Like 2

If it gets to 100m over the 4-day then yes, 300m will happen. If the OW is around 90, then ST2 should settle for 275m. I don't know why do you guys expect bad legs, the first film opened to 75m and ended up over 250m. Or opening higher is a bad thing? WoM is good.

Because it's a sequel.  If it opens to less than 100 it more than likely will settle in at about 240-260.

• Like 1

It is a sequel. It has insane competition. Legs will not be as good as ST09's

• Like 1

For my preseason's sake, I hope it stays above $262m. I can't have more deductions, dammit!

IMHO, let's say best case scenario it does 85 3 day and 98 4 day.  Give it a very generous multiplier of 2.75 (which is next to impossible imo) from the 3 day and you have 234 mill plus the 13 it did on Thurs.  That's about 250 mill.  That's the absolute most I see it doing.  But again, imho, it will not have a 2.75X. 

I know that it's a sequel that's why I'm not predicting the multiplier that ST09 had. But there's no reason to be lethargic just because the film didn't break out as much as we hoped. Everything is relative, ST2 can still have a nice run.

IM3 reached 1 billion and had the second highest OW of all time. Incredible achievements, however I still say that it's having an awful run, because it will miss 400m. People were talking 450m and 500m after its OW.

I know that it's a sequel that's why I'm not predicting the multiplier that ST09 had. But there's no reason to be lethargic just because the film didn't break out as much as we hoped. Everything is relative, ST2 can still have a nice run.

IM3 reached 1 billion and had the second highest OW of all time. Incredible achievements, however I still say that it's having an awful run, because it will miss 400m. People were talking 450m and 500m after its OW.

But if you are not giving it the same multiplier as ST09, then how is it going to hit 300?