theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Ahhh you know I think I'm glad now I don't have the derby to do or anything like that-I don't seem as disapointed as I use to get when a film disapointed.

"Format stratification" is going to be my go-to excuse for any film coming in under my expectations lol

:lol:

Hey Geek I think we both have stories that we can go on for hours where we can say "Well people on the forums were predicting that..." :P

• Like 1

What does that even mean? In terms of box office performance how would format stratification affect it that much.

IM3 was in Imax, 3D and 2D as well. Can someone explain the thinking behind that?

• Like 1

I've been pretty well. I say "been" because today is mildly depressing.  :P  :(

Yeah...I have been bringing up some other examples of similar films like T3 and MIB2 that dropped quite a bit after a long wait despite being a sequel to a beloved film.

I am good though.

My favorite films of last year were Skyfall, TDKR, Avengers, Brave and Ralph. Loved TASM also and I thought Lincoln was the best nom but Django was the most fun.

Major sequels that saw a decline in recent years to films that were liked/loved:

(TDKR is left out due to it is a bit diffrent given how huge TDK was)

KFP2

Cars 2

Shrelock 2

Iron Man 2 (Not as much as the other films though)

Narnia 2 (This had a release date problem aka it came out the wrong time of the year)

Hangover 2 (Though not as near as bad as other films)

While Alvin 2 and Twilight on the other hand....

• Like 2

Sherlock 2 didn't decrease that much either. 20 million. 

OW wise it did, people were saying it would fail to do 200M.

BTW on another topic-Great Gastby was in 3D??? Really? That is the most odd film I've heard of in 3D.

Edited by Impact

I think Godzilla has this weekend next year.

It does. While I don't expect a great film...it should be better then the 98 version.....

.....Right?????????