druv10

Wednesday: Hangover 3 ($3.1m Wed+Thu sneaks), STID 5.3M, TGG 2.3M, IM3 2.2M

Why wouldn't people be under the impression it opens today? The last one opened on a Thursday and they've been advertising the Thursday opening for over two weeks. This isn't a case like Star Trek in which they weren't clear until the week of what day it was opening on.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

There will, no doubt, be a rebound today. But again... many in the general public aren't aware of the bump to today. Most are under the impression it opens tomorrow (or tonight at midnight, if you will).

Not expecting miracles especially with the sleeping giant about to awake. AKA Fast 6.

Agreed.

So, Hangover III is off to a good start.  And by good start I mean way off from Part II.

I think it will still rebound nicely.  I had a lot of the people that came last night mention they didn't like the second one, but were hoping this is better.

And agreed.

Why wouldn't people be under the impression it opens today? The last one opened on a Thursday and they've been advertising the Thursday opening for over two weeks. This isn't a case like Star Trek in which they weren't clear until the week of what day it was opening on.

I guess that's a fair point. I just don't think general audiences have any clue what day TH2 opened two years ago. Only movie nerds like you and me remember that. :lol:

Edited by ShawnMR

Agreed.

And agreed.

I guess that's a fair point. I just don't think general audiences have any clue what day TH2 opened two years ago. Only movie nerds us remember that. :lol:

:angry:

• Founder / Operator

If the Hangover rebounds, I think it'll be tomorrow as opposed to today. Though it's optimistic to expect it to go up higher than Trek 2, IMO, because the release date change was earlier and WOM seems way more mixed.

Possibly. I guess there's something to be said for spillover effect with F6 drawing out similar crowds. *shrug*

Fell behind 09 Trek by $400k after having better Sunday-Tuesday, pretty weak honestly

It's a perfectly normal drop for a new film on its first Wednesday - I actually expected worse hold due to hangover taking late show times

Possibly. I guess there's something to be said for spillover effect with F6 drawing out similar crowds. *shrug*

I don't think spillover effect is really a thing anymore. Hangover and Fast 6 will both be playing on huge amounts of screens this weekend. 

• Like 1