#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

other than for the families that treated IM3 like a family film

If IM3 didn't exist, and if a movie like Wolverine or Elysium would have come out at the start of May instead of IM3, I think Epic would be looking at even bigger numbers this weekend than it already is.

Make me more curious about IM3 hold. Epic will be its direct competition, not others.

Make me more curious about IM3 hold. Epic will be its direct competition, not others.

The Croods doing well despite im3 being around gives me some optimism on the hold this weekend. And THO3 tanking so far helps. :D
  • Like 1

The Croods doing well despite im3 being around gives me some optimism on the hold this weekend. And THO3 tanking so far helps. :D

It's losing a lot of theaters this week though :(

The Croods Fox 1,008 -1,365

Still 185m+ is a great result and it's going to have a 4+ multiplier.

It's losing a lot of theaters this week though :(The Croods Fox 1,008 -1,365Still 185m+ is a great result and it's going to have a 4+ multiplier.

Yeah it definitely outperformed my expectations. TBH I didn't like it all that much but its run has been really good. All helped by the incredible holds in TC. It didn't drop much the past few weeks. It's only this week it dropped a lot.

It's losing a lot of theaters this week though :(

The Croods Fox 1,008 -1,365

Still 185m+ is a great result and it's going to have a 4+ multiplier.

Definitely a great result for The Croods B) The big drop in TC is expected since there are 3 openers this weekend. All other movies have their TC dropped big too.

WileECoyote was talking about the hold for IM3, not the Croods.

True but he made a point about The Croods. Again I'm hoping that IM3 can still get the family style bumps its been getting despite Epic really doing good. I haven't followed it much but it may be something fun to catch on a Sunday.

Theres like 2 FOUR YEAR OLD GIRLS sitting in front of me here in Fast Six with their mom, and another mom with her two teenage daughters. I saw a father and son earlier and a family of 5 going. I knew this would play with families! Theres also a lot of hispanic, but I see most all races being repped here.

Edited by jandrew

LA Times is using the B-word for THO3.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-mn-hangover-box-office-20130524,0,3798647.story

'Hangover Part III' bombing at the box office

The “Hangover” franchise  is no longer a laughing matter.

The third -- and promised final -- installment in the booze-fueled exploits of the so-called Wolf Pack is bombing at the Memorial Day weekend box office, where it is being run over not only by “Fast & Furious 6” but also by the 3-D animated family film “Epic.”

When “The Hangover Part III” debuted late Wednesday, industry prognosticators were estimating that the sequel would gross about $80 million in its first five full days of release -- a steep drop from the $135 million the second movie made between Thursday and Monday in 2011, but a decent enough opening in absolute terms.

PHOTOS: Billion-dollar movie club

But early returns Friday suggested that the Warner Bros. “Hangover” film, which cost $103 million and was trashed by critics, could gross as little as $48 million in its five-day debut. The best-case estimates only have “The Hangover Part III” grossing about $55 million, well below the $80-million projection.

The new “Fast” film, on the other hand, is racing away from the competition. Industry estimates before the Universal movie debuted late Thursday showed that “Fast & Furious 6” could gross as much as $100 million in its first four full days in theaters. The $160-million sequel should hit that mark, early returns showed.

• Like 1