#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

I toldja people to move the Wolfpack out of FF6's way to the following weekend. 

AE is for earnest genre fans, little demographics overlap. Next weekend's INTERNSHIP

sounds so safe that it belongs to another genre. 

The rushing of Fast 7 really worries me. :(

I agree. I was against them getting off their 2 year formula that has worked so well.  In Universal defense and I rarely defend studios.  Summer 2014 is an open playing field.  Summer 2015 with The Avengers 2 and Star Wars 7 is going to be a blood bath.  They either rush it out for 2014 or they won't get it out until 2016.  Sadly with the 2014 release date the film will probably be rushed so don't expect a great plot/storyline. With that said Lin seemed to set the story up pretty easy for Wan to take over.  But hopefully they are winding down the series with this cast.  I'm hoping Fast 7 will be the last one for the whole Don/Brian saga.  They can bring on a new team for the next sequels but I think this storyline needs to end soon. 

Edited by filmscholar

That is seriously a great hold for Trek. Should be at $185m this time next week, could be at $205-210m in 2 weeks. Sure it won't touch the previous movie, but considering everything, to get within $20m of it would be a terrific result. This time last week I thought $225m was the roof.

AE would steal some of the audience a bit next weekend.

The next interesting weekend is MOS June 14th berth. 

And how it holds up against MU & WHD.

I don't know anyone who is the least bit interested. 

I do. There are still some Will Smith fans out there. I don't know how many will actually show up. The movie doesn't look very good to me at all.

After Tokyo Drift, who thought they'd turn this franchise into this freaking mammoth?!?!?

Staggering numbers for an action movie.

Agreed. I thought Bourne would be their biggest franchise.

Still thinking After Earth is going to bomb hard and NYSM will beat it next weekend.

I've only seen the commercials for NYSM, but I'm completely intrigued.  Each After Earth commercial/trailer I see is more pointless than the last. 

Honestly though, Now You See Me is my hope for an original breakout of the summer. Seems really different from any other blockbuster this summer, and I can see it having great legs even with MoS and WWZ since the subject matter is that original.

Edited by Blankments Into Darkness
  • Like 1