#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

wow, some theaters sure get a ton of sellouts

The theater closest to me had 6 sellouts Friday night. (3 for F&F6, 2 for Hangover, and 1 for Gatsby.)

But they were down to only 5 sellouts today (2 for F&F6, 1 for Gatsby, 1 for STID, and 1 for IM3). Of course the much busier daytime shows on a Saturday probably take care of a lot of the added demand.

• Like 1

Wow, so I'm scrolling through tweets and I found the ENTIRE Fast 6 movie on Youtube, someone posted a link. Its 2 hrs and pretty clear. How do studios or Youtube not see this? I hope it gets taken down. It only has 2,200 views, but still.

Edited by jandrew

Wow, so I'm scrolling through tweets and I found the ENTIRE Fast 6 movie on Youtube, someone posted a link. Its 2 hrs and pretty clear. How do studios or Youtube not see this? I hope it gets taken down. It only has 2,200 views, but still.

Ugh..... There's little point taking it down now. It'll be all over the Internet now, pirate Bay, YouTube, everywhere. :(

We've got a much better chance of topping this list than beating Christmas 2009's total gross, since everything outside of the top 12 will be weaker this weekend.

everything outside of the top 6 is going to suck this weekend

Posted Image

We've got a much better chance of topping this list than beating Christmas 2009's total gross, since everything outside of the top 12 will be weaker this weekend.

That weekend with Avatar is so great. Avatar is the No.1 movie, but only accounted for about 30% of that weekend total gross. So many movies was doing great business then  B)

In contrast, May 4-6, 2012 weekend is basically TA doing all the work  :lol:

PM me a link :D

Clearly Universal's strategy is that people watching on Youtube will be so amazed, they'll want to fork over their money to see it on the big screen.

Lin Da God.

Ugh..... There's little point taking it down now. It'll be all over the Internet now, pirate Bay, YouTube, everywhere. :(

They'll take it down, but this is probably fairly typical. So long as we don't get a truly bad situation like Wolverine.

I know its on pirate bay and what not, but Youtube is the #3 website in the world. They usually catch this stuff. Most regular people haven't heard of Pirate Bay, etc, but Youtube. It may be "too late", but they can still take it down. I mean its been retweeted 15 times, so if someone who rt's it, get its rt'ed 15 times, then so on and so on, it just grows.

LOL as to Universal fudging to get to 100m if it's close. I don't think they'll do it. Remember Bourne Legacy was estimated to have a 40m opening weekend. When actuals came in, it was only 38m, lol.

That weekend with Avatar is so great. Avatar is the No.1 movie, but only accounted for about 30% of that weekend total gross. So many movies was doing great business then  B)

In contrast, May 4-6, 2012 weekend is basically TA doing all the work  :lol:

Interesting percentages there. The 29.1% for Avatar is crazy small for such a big overall weekend, but even more interesting is that Avengers and IM3 both ate up 83% of their opening weekends!