filmnerdjamie

Thursday Numbers (05/30)

If 10,000BC can make 94M in March with like 6% on RT, I dont think AE making $100M in June is outlandish.

Exactly. People need to remember different times of year.

If Cowboys and Aliens was released in early July with the same OW it would make 100M before it did, where as if it had the same OW in September it would have a bit of trouble and probably end up in the upper 80s.

• Founder / Operator

Shawn remember Summer weekdays help films have better legs even with huge drops.

Um, duh. But the movie actually has to open well and be liked by audiences. ;)

Imagine how bad it do if they advertised the director's name :PYou know I think most of the hatred by critics is more due to the director then the actual film itself.

Unless this thing really does have a big family audience, I just can't see much more than 30m. At this point, that may even be optimistic.

Could not agree more.  I think 30 is going to be tough to come by.  I just don't think Jaden + Will equals family audience like a lot of people are thinking.

• Like 1

The thing that is so endearing about Smith is that he plays a similar character every time. He is charming he is witty and he is funny. This trailer shows none of that so it is not a will Smith film which means it should bomb.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

Could not agree more.  I think 30 is going to be tough to come by.  I just don't think Jaden + Will equals family audience like a lot of people are thinking.

Meanwhile Fast 6 seems to be playing the quadrants despite not necessarily aiming for them.

• Like 2