filmnerdjamie

Thursday Numbers (05/30)

That's not a good drop :(Please be a family movie and bounce back over the weekend!

Needs about 135% jump on Friday to have a similar drop to F5. Doable as it's playing well with families. 

It will have better legs though due to Summer weekdays...

As I said last night you know 3D is dying in the US when a sci fi like that is not even using it!

3D is not dying. If anything the underperformance of films like Oblivion and After Earth will convince studios to use 3D for everything. I think now only a few directors like Spielberg or Nolan can control if they want their film to be in 3D or not

Some studios like Fox (use it little) and Universal (only for animated films) don't use it that much as others like WB (quite a few films-even Gatsby of all dang films)

3D is not dying. If anything the underperformance of films like Oblivion and After Earth will convince studios to use 3D for everything. I think now only a few directors like Spielberg or Nolan can control if they want their film to be in 3D or not

I think 3D is thrown primarily for the overseas audience.

• Like 2

FAF Vl is frontloaded. It looks like the auds didn't expand. Nothing to complain though since it didn't suffer the same fate like THE HANGOVER lll.

it will increase a little in attendance over Fast Five but it looks like this series will never reach 30m tickets sold

I think 3D is thrown primarily for the overseas audience.

Exactly. Quite popular in Asia-who knows why.

Now 3D of course did have a nice little run in the 50s.

• Like 1

AE won't hurt ST2, it's the other way around. Smith lost it, can't open a non-sequel film anymore. Luckily for him he seems to be doing sequels for the rest of his career. Maybe even remake Karate Kid one day and playing Jackie Chan's role if Jaden's career tanks. The boy should go back to school rather than trying hard to be like his dad and failing miserably. 

• Like 1

It will have better legs though due to Summer weekdays...

As I said last night you know 3D is dying in the US when a sci fi like that is not even using it!

are you sure? it's a shyamalan movie, even TLA (which is a family movie in july) had terrible drops