#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

"Still, Finke looms over Hollywood media because of the trail of vituperative writing that has mortified such prominent industry"

I had to look that word up, lol.

Edited by ECSTASY

Because the franchise has always been X-Men vs Magneto, X-Men vs Magneto with another generic villain in the mix, X-Men vs Magneto vs humans, etc. This is finally something different, should be on a much larger scale, and also brings back the original cast (they probably won't be in the movie much, but the marketing won't tell audiences that)

It wasn't always X-Men vs Magneto.  X2 had X-Men team up with Magneto.  First Class had X-Men including Magneto.

I agree that DoFP is on a much "larger" scale, but with the franchise so dead in the water among general audiences, they shouldn't hope for more than $250M DOM.

Will they still be looking for good action? Not sure. I think they've had much more of their fill on it though thanks to IM3, F6, and Trek (sorta). Not to mention MoS and WWZ soon.

Trek sorta?  That movie had action written all over it from beginning to end.

"Still, Finke looms over Hollywood media because of the trail of vituperative writing that has mortified such prominent industry"

I had to look that word up, lol.

Same here: criticism that's so sharp it hurts.

She'll found her own site again or be hired before summer is out somewhere. 

She did kinda bring this on herself though. You can only bash the boss in such a vituperative way for so long before final actions are taken. 

• Like 1

She won't be hired anywhere. If she wants to keep going, she'll need to start another site.

I tend to agree with this. To say she is not one to tow the company line is an understatement.

• Like 1

I will say that it was a lot of fun waiting for her numbers when no one else was reporting numbers. She was a great resource and made it fun to follow the box office and some of her over the top commentary was funny.

But some of the behind the scenes stuff she was doing, i.e. threatening people's families was not cool. You can only be a bully for so long.

• Like 2

Dear PMC Team,

As you may be aware, Sharon Waxman at TheWrap has just run a libelous, false, and defamatory story on her blog, in which she claims amongst other things that I had fired Nikki Finke.

This is a complete fabrication, with not an ounce of truth to it. Just to be clear, Nikki Finke has a multi-year contract with the Company, and it is the Company’s absolute intention to continue its obligations under the agreement.

It is sad when a rival business feels the need to fabricate stories to create traffic and notoriety. Due to the defamatory and disparaging nature of some of the completely inaccurate statements made by Waxman, PMC has turned this matter over to our attorneys. Contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Lauren Gullion

Head of Communications

PMC

• Like 1