#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

It is a comedy. 100M for a comedy is crazy. But Little Fockers also costed 100M so I guess everything is fine.

It's a third sequel to a series that has made more than a billion dollars off a budget of about 100 million.  They spent 100 mill on it because they had to.  And it is going to pay off huge for them.

• Like 1

It's a third sequel to a series that has made more than a billion dollars off a budget of about 100 million.  They spent 100 mill on it because they had to.  And it is going to pay off huge for them.

Yes and no. It's probably going to make them profit at the box office, but the outlook on the home market is probably not so rosy. I'm also sure WB would have preferred Todd Phillips actually made, you know, two well received sequels instead of what they got.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 1

WWZ just received that grade in Total Film UK.  :ph34r:

Well they gave 4/5 to Hangover 2, what do they know. 

I'd say my rating system goes like this

0/5- Reprehensible garbage

1/5- Pure crap

1,5/5- Crap

2/5- Disappointing

2,5/5- Generally not that good but has some good things in it

3/5- Good

3,5/5- Very good

4/5- Terrific, would watch again

4,5/5- Even better

5/5- Superb, cream of the crop stuff

• Like 3

I call it disappointing cause with the reviews I expected a great movie. I still liked it and would recommend it.

Why was it disappointing? You can't just say because it was slow, lol.

After Earth

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3687&p=.htm

"The audience was 51 percent male and 60 percent were 25 years of age or older."

I think this was a major problem with the movie. This isn't a good age breakdown for a summer movie with a 14 year old lead.

they probably went to see big willy

I see that dig Ray on Fast 6. Fu :P

Posted Image

Edited by Dragon

Idk I just expected a better movie with the 99% RT score

Better in what way? Story, visuals, acting? emotional impact?  The thing about RT is that the 99% score doesn't mean it's a rave. It just means that 99% of the critics think it was a good movie. To what degree of "good" varies from critic to critic. 

If you were a critic would you give it a rotten?

• Like 1