Punishment

Weekend Actuals 5/31-6/2

Didn't know that it is considered one theater of 30 screens. When booking tickets, we get options for Burbank 16, Burbank 8 and Burbank 6. They are all in different buildings.

Because they are all pretty much same spot and same chain AMC, examples of others past/present round world similar

Edited by Rth

Oh I know. I meant that SG beat it regardless of the movie. I think STID and EPIC were probably the hottest tickets at IS.  F6 didn't do good there at all.

true  in Greater La IS was #1 with STID weekend (just ahead of Century city & burbank), #4 NYSM, but low rank with epic

My projected final grosses for some of the films:Fast 6: 220M-240M  (Depends on drops)

TH3: 118M

After Earth: 65M-75M

Now You See Me: 65M-80MStar Trek: 210M-220M

My projected final grosses for some of the films:Fast 6: 220M-240M  (Depends on drops)

TH3: 118M

After Earth: 65M-75M

Now You See Me: 65M-80MStar Trek: 210M-220M

Your low range for Fast 6 and NYSM are too low IMO. Fast 6 would have to lose 20m of its lead over Fast 5 to get that low. With summer weekdays approaching, I don't see that happening. And NYSM's low range should not be 65m after a 29m opening. That would be a horrendous multiplier.

Your low range for Fast 6 and NYSM are too low IMO. Fast 6 would have to lose 20m of its lead over Fast 5 to get that low. With summer weekdays approaching, I don't see that happening. And NYSM's low range should not be 65m after a 29m opening. That would be a horrendous multiplier.

Kind of hard to guess what its legs will be. I was just guessing for Fast 6-yeah Summer weekdays though will make legs better then if it is any other time of year (except Christmas time)

Family films tend to have the best legs this time but that is another story.

Edit: I was also thinking that Now you See Me and After Earth had the same OW. Was not looking at it correctly.

Edited by Impact

Not even sure why the 2 are being compared. 

Cruise has had tons of ups and downs. (He does have the most unneeded hate though, seems to be a easy target...)

And that is wrong that he has never had a tent pole bomb like that either-After Earth still should do decent OS...

Anyway, next week looks very slow.

Cruise never had huge downs at all. All of his films in which he was the lead were doing great business OS and had reasonable domestic totals. His box office suffered a bit since his heyday, no doubt about that, but he never had a huge bomb. Knight and Day hit 75m and had a healthy OS tally with a lower budget than AE. 

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines

After Earth only cost 13M more then Knight and Day...then again some people here are being like Kal when it comes to Smith...

(It also is not much of a Smith film from what I understand)

Hanks was considered unstoppable...then Ladykillers came along.

Now Cruise has had a very lucky and long career-better then most. Smith has been very lucky also. But not everything one touches will turn to gold. Of course the media turns around everything...

Bleh don't want to argue or go over such odd things.

I'm not saying that its not a flop...but I think you are laying on this a bit too much....

(Of course I hear for just about every star they are the next Cruise which is annoying)

And yes Cruise has had a very long successful career, but he has had disappointments also, and we don't know AE's OS gross yet. So yeah just let it go. Really don't want to get into some discussion/argument over something like this :P