#ED

Wknd Est: Purge - 36.6M; FF6 - 19.7M; NYSM - 19.5M; Intern - 18.1M; Epic - 12.1M; STiD- 11.7M;

I'm truly shocked at the purge, that movie came out of nowhere

Actually it didn't. It has been trending on Twitter off and on for the last couple of weeks.  Definitely a buzz for it. At least in the U.S. Krissy made several comments on it in the Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 3

You guys can all relax cause the purge will make at least 33M cause I can never win a bet even when it looked like a lock

I'm pretty confident it will not make more than 30 mill this weekend.

• Like 1

I'm pretty confident it will not make more than 30 mill this weekend.

If it hits the high end of that range THR is giving I don't see how it misses 30.  Rush factor will be huge, but something like The Devil Inside even got to a 33 OW off of a 16.5 OD.

And though it has no chance of increasing, The Strangers (a better comparison) managed to barely increase its first Saturday.

Edited by RyneOh1040

If it hits the high end of that range THR is giving I don't see how it misses 30.  Rush factor will be huge, but something like The Devil Inside even got to a 33 OW off of a 16.5 OD.

I guess you are right, but everything I have read from paying customers (not critics) says this is awful.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop like a rock this weekend.

And yes, I will be seeing the Purge on Sunday.

I guess you are right, but everything I have read from paying customers (not critics) says this is awful.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop like a rock this weekend.

And yes, I will be seeing the Purge on Sunday.

Which bums me out because I think this had the potential to be really great.  I'm seeing it tonight but going in with lowered expectations because I, too, have seen some negative feedback.

Which bums me out because I think this had the potential to be really great.  I'm seeing it tonight but going in with lowered expectations because I, too, have seen some negative feedback.

I like to judge for myself, but I take the paying public more seriously than I do critics.