#ED

Wknd Est: Purge - 36.6M; FF6 - 19.7M; NYSM - 19.5M; Intern - 18.1M; Epic - 12.1M; STiD- 11.7M;

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 4m

Early Friday #s indicate that #ThePurge is headed for $30 mil, while #TheInternship should grab $18 mil.

So basically everyone is converging on $30 million for The Purge and high teens for Internship. However, this time last week everyone had After Earth and NYSM in low 20s.

Way too early to know for sure.  I hate these noon reports.

Am I reading this right?

That’s means people flocking to movie theaters so bigger-than-expected grosses. Based on noon averages and matinee trends, insiders say Universal‘s small miscreant horror pic The Purge (in wide release in 2,536 theaters) is opening $16M-$17M Friday.

Friday = 16M?

A Friend of mine that works at the movie theater told me that Internship's matinees were 50% higher than The Watch and is neck and neck with NYSM's 2nd weekend. She also said that The Purge is easily #1 and is crushing Evil Dead based on early matinees so far. 

My rough projections: The Purge-14m Internship-6.5 NYSM-6

Am I reading this right?

That’s means people flocking to movie theaters so bigger-than-expected grosses. Based on noon averages and matinee trends, insiders say Universal‘s small miscreant horror pic The Purge (in wide release in 2,536 theaters) is opening $16M-$17M Friday.

Friday = 16M?

Yes, that number is JUST friday.

Yes, yes, yes.  Also Epic is number 2!?! That can't be right...

Matinees probably. I'm sure that will change with night business. Well I think it will.