#ED

Wknd Est: Purge - 36.6M; FF6 - 19.7M; NYSM - 19.5M; Intern - 18.1M; Epic - 12.1M; STiD- 11.7M;

It's apparently not very good. I don't understand why people want movies to do well regardless of their quality. 

So it can open the door to futuristic horrors that are really poorly made :P

• Like 1

I clearly need new friends!I updated my status on my FB...Ed FXXXXXabout an hour ago near New YorkMan Of Steel is 7 days away!Like · · Promote · ShareChristian XXXX, Berenice XXXX, Jacob XXXX and 2 others like this.Gary M. XXXX it's going to be terrible (now that i said that, and if you believe it, the hype will settle and you might even enjoy the film) IT'S WAY TO HYPED UPabout an hour ago · LikeSteven XXXX For the record I'm still not excited.about an hour ago · LikeGeorge XXXX Not hearing any actual buzz if its any good.about an hour ago · LikeEd XXXX Reviews will be out Monday night. Have you guys not seen any of the trailers? They're fucking awesome.7 minutes ago via mobile · Like

• Like 1

Twitter Index Updated: Fri Jun 07 at 02:23PM PST

Film # Tweets Pos:Neg Ratio
1 The Purge 141,420 1:1
2 Insidious Chapter 2 28,618 0:1
3 Now You See Me 21,061 13:1
4 Fast & Furious 6 15,874 7:1
5 Man of Steel 12,721 21:1
6 After Earth 10,809 6:1
7 World War Z 4,951 4:1
8 The Internship 4,370 6:1

• Like 1

I clearly need new friends!I updated my status on my FB...Ed FXXXXXabout an hour ago near New YorkMan Of Steel is 7 days away!Like · · Promote · ShareChristian XXXX, Berenice XXXX, Jacob XXXX and 2 others like this.Gary M. XXXX it's going to be terrible (now that i said that, and if you believe it, the hype will settle and you might even enjoy the film) IT'S WAY TO HYPED UPabout an hour ago · LikeSteven XXXX For the record I'm still not excited.about an hour ago · LikeGeorge XXXX Not hearing any actual buzz if its any good.about an hour ago · LikeEd XXXX Reviews will be out Monday night. Have you guys not seen any of the trailers? They're fucking awesome.7 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Yes you do Ed.

... also dat nice 21:1 ratio :)

... and Purge, lots of tweets, but 1:1 ... ugh, this is going to drop like crazy through the weekend and into next week.

Edited by agkman

1:1 for The Purge, 0:1 for Insidious :rofl:

Now which one was Insidious ... I don't remember that one or who starred in it.

... oh wait, was that another Ethan Hawke one with the weird thing where people see this demon or something.

... hmm, seems I was way off on that one after checking IMDB.

Edited by agkman

Great start for The Purge. I worked in the morning so I couldn't really tell how well it was doing. It was selling about twice as much as NYSM and The Internship which is pretty good considering it will do most of its business at night.

• Founder / Operator

Interesting that BTC is so much lower than everyone else.

Agreed. I would say "cool, Nikki is right at the $16m I was thinking this morning"... but it's way too early. I'm not convinced of anything in either direction. At this point, $13 million wouldn't surprise me anymore more than $18 million.

Funny thing is how come another home invasion thriller THE STRANGER starring a hotter Liv Tyler didn't get this kind of success?

Social media.

Insidious-I thought that was going to do terrible since it was a new studios first film and I never heard of it before then. (I was brought back memories of the film P2 which I was one of the few to predict that it would do really bad and that was Summit's first film)

From the weekend thread:

So what will have the biggest drop this coming weekend?

I think:IM3, TH3, The Purge, Fast 6, Trek 2 and After Earth will all have a big drop.

Yeah it did well for a horror film. It just appears that The Purge will do better.

Too bad since The Strangers is a much, much better movie.  

I could not believe how awful The Purge was and it's amazing that it's over 50% on the RT scale.  Critics must be giving it the benefit of the doubt since it's a hammer-to-the-head-subtle hit job on Conservatives/NRA/Tea Party/Social Cons/anyone with politics not in line with liberal Hollywood.

But it was tearing up the BO at my theater in SE Wisconsin this afternoon.

Edited by rainbowtrout