kayumanggi

ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: THE ROAD CHIP | 12.18.15 | Fox | final domestic gross: $85,886,987

8 hours ago, Jessie said:

WOW so many idiotic posts. This film is aimed towards very young children who only care about cute fluffy things. Let them enjoy it and stop being so judge mental. It makes me cringe seeing fully grown adults insulting movies like this, no MR Fantastic this film isn't aimed towards people like you, the studio don't expect adults to want more chipmunk mayhem but I know my 4 year old nephew will have a great time watching this like he did the last one. Stop embarrassing yourselves.

Actually I have a feel MrFantastoc is exactly the target demo of this film

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Mother of god. Don't even say such things! If it gets a 20m OW it would do 100 with holiday legs. It needs to be doing no more than 10-12 on OW. 

It would not surprise. The Good dinsosaur is not good as expected. Kids usally have two weeks during the holidays. With all the star wars sell outs, Some families might and choose to see Alvin with their kids and have a baby sitter watch them while parents go see star wars another time. The last one open to 23m OW and made 133m dom.  It would not be surprising if this had a small drop did around 20m. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

It would not surprise. The Good dinsosaur is not good as expected. Kids usally have two weeks during the holidays. With all the star wars sell outs, Some families might and choose to see Alvin with their kids and have a baby sitter watch them while parents go see star wars another time. The last one open to 23m OW and made 133m dom.  It would not be surprising if this had a small drop did around 20m. 

Well I guess I will choose to be in denial then that TGD will still be the preferred SW family sellout choice over this. I mean how many parents will want to bear another Alvin film over a Pixar one they may not have seen yet since it didn't open huge? I can hope at least. 

• Like 1

I haven't seen any of these and by extension won't see this one either, but all I've taken from the few promos I've seen for this is: the Chipmunks' guardian played by Jason Lee falls in love with a woman with a teenage son, the Chipmunks and the son can't stand each other, Jason Lee takes the woman on a vacation so he can propose, and the Chipmunks and the son team up and decide to go on a road trip to stop him from proposing...just so they don't have to be related to each other.

Well, if their goal was to make the Chipmunks (and the son) come across as unsympathetic brats, then mission accomplished, even if there is no question that they'll all end up as one big happy family by the end of the movie because duh.

• Like 1

This is the saddest sight of franchise milking I've ever seen.  I cannot fathom how this franchise is still chugging along despite the horrid outcries of every human being on Earth... This will probably make money because it's the holiday and little, LITTLE kids are going to beg their parents to go and watch it.

$14 - 17 million, $65 million overall.