kayumanggi

ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: THE ROAD CHIP | 12.18.15 | Fox | final domestic gross: $85,886,987

All I know is this better not even make $1 profit or I weep for the state of our youth.  

Though I am a little worried, since aside from BH6 and IO, crappy/mediocre animation/kids flicks have been beating the quality ones the last year or two (i.e. Home, HT2, Minions, Spongebob, Ninja Turtles all more successful than Dragon 2, TGD, Peanuts, or Paddington).

If this beats TGD somehow, I am buying a ticket, jumping into the screen, and skinning the furry CGI little bastards alive.

:ohmyzod:

Edited by MovieMan89

4 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

It's not really hard for parents to actually take your kids to see something good and worth the money....in terms of family-movies.

Just save the money for KFP3 in January instead......and make that the bigger hit than this one!

What's the appeal of this? More chipmunk-mayhem? No thanks.

WOW so many idiotic posts. This film is aimed towards very young children who only care about cute fluffy things. Let them enjoy it and stop being so judge mental. It makes me cringe seeing fully grown adults insulting movies like this, no MR Fantastic this film isn't aimed towards people like you, the studio don't expect adults to want more chipmunk mayhem but I know my 4 year old nephew will have a great time watching this like he did the last one. Stop embarrassing yourselves.

45 minutes ago, Jessie said:

WOW so many idiotic posts. This film is aimed towards very young children who only care about cute fluffy things. Let them enjoy it and stop being so judge mental. It makes me cringe seeing fully grown adults insulting movies like this, no MR Fantastic this film isn't aimed towards people like you, the studio don't expect adults to want more chipmunk mayhem but I know my 4 year old nephew will have a great time watching this like he did the last one. Stop embarrassing yourselves.

Yeah, but even the adults realizes and knows this time around that the sequels were awful and pretty much a waste of time for them. They won't swallow it this time. And also....SW: EP7 will come out the same weekend and it will clobber this one and steal it's kiddie audience. No questions about that.

I'm not against the franchise nor am i insulting this...because the movies are my guilty pleasures....i'm just stating that no one else will care about seeing this one.

We're not embarrasing ourselves....we are just being more smarter.

It will do well, enough...but nowhere near the last ones.