Plain Old Tele

This Is The End (2013)

This Is The End (2013)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Funniest film of the year for sure, and the ballsiest studio comedy I've seen in a long, long time.

It works because Rogen/Goldberg treat the apocalypse with absolute seriousness and let the comedy come from nihilistic actors responding to all the horror. Everything you don't like about these guys- Franco's arrogance, Hill's foray into dramatic roles, McBride's assholery, Rogen's 'selling out' of sorts over the last couple of years- is mocked mercilessly in the film. 

The last 30 minutes rival Man of Steel for sequences of jaw-dropping awesomeness. 

• Like 4

Holllllyyyyyy shitballs that movie was incredible.  One of the funniest films I think I've honestly ever seen, and pretty spectacular in other surprising ways. I was disappointed in the supposed lack of "classics" this summer, but this one may end up on top for me. SEE THIS MOVIE!

• Like 6

I'm already planning to see MOS twice this weekend (once with friends, once with family), but I am certainly, certainly making everybody I know that didn't go with me tonight go see this movie, and hell yea I'm going with them. 

That movie was good. That movie made me feel good, after a shitty day. Bravo.

• Like 4

This will make my top 10 of the year. Fucking ridiculously hilarious. The cum exchange between McBride and Franco was equivalent to the Uncle Fucker song in South Park. Brilliant Audacious Risky Shameless and completely original. 9.5/10

• Like 5

Cera was funny as hell. Blowing cocain in Mintz-Plasse face.Asking Jay if he wants a sip while he is getting a blojob in the bathroom. Funny as hell.The power of Christ compells youDoes it really, does it really compell meLol

• Like 2

The cum scene and the scene where they kick the guys head around are two of the funniest scenes in my years watching movies. The cum scene could become iconic if my audience is any indication- that and the Tatum cameo got the biggest reactions.

• Like 2

I knew Franco would be rejected from heaven when he continued to talk smack to McBride, but I'm still laughing thinking about it.

Also, what did Cera say to Mintz-Plasse before blowing coke in his face? "Does this coke smell weird?" It was something along those lines, but... :rofl:

And also the drinking their own pee.

And that cum exchange was a thousand times better than that one in The Watch.

I was kinda hoping to see Emma Watson in heaven, but sadly no.

Also, I'm listening to Backstreet Boys now.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

Cum scene will be iconic. Too funny. I spit up my Coke.Cera getting blown in the bathroom, slapping Rihannas ass, being so jacked on Coke that he cant feel the giant piece of steel impaling him...hell he was hilarious in every scene.Exorcism of Jonah Hill "power of Christ compels you" also hikarious.Drinking peeThe entire first scene with McBride ripping into everyone.Tatum..rotflmfaoFranco getting rejected from heavenWeed and Backstreet Boys in heaven.All frikkin hilarious.Only reason this gets 9.5 instead of a 10 is that Baruchel was in Knocked Up with Hill and Rogen. They act as tho Baruchel is completely foreign to the group and he shouldnt be.But thats a small complaint.

• Like 3

Amazingly funny film ... 90% is total classic stuff ... I felt it fell apart a little bit towards the end when the action picked up.

The cum scene was probably the funniest scene I've ever experienced in a theater.  Gut busting laughter for the entire time.  Just when you think it's done, it keeps coming back for more. :P

Really, too much crazy stuff to get into ... can't even process it all right now.

9/10

Edited by agkman
  • Like 1

Only reason this gets 9.5 instead of a 10 is that Baruchel was in Knocked Up with Hill and Rogen. They act as tho Baruchel is completely foreign to the group and he shouldnt be.

He really is, though. Look at their respective careers since Knocked Up. Hill, Franco, Rogen, McBride etc have blown up and Baruchel hasn't done nearly as much. Whether he was a foreigner to these guys or not in real life, it's a version of himself he could believably play. It's not like Michael Cera is actually a cokehead..

As funny as the movie was, I think the reason the film works is that it sets up the central Rogen/Baruchel conflict early on and resolves it brilliantly. 

• Like 2

He really is, though. Look at their respective careers since Knocked Up. Hill, Franco, Rogen, McBride etc have blown up and Baruchel hasn't done nearly as much. Whether he was a foreigner to these guys or not in real life, it's a version of himself he could believably play. It's not like Michael Cera is actually a cokehead..

As funny as the movie was, I think the reason the film works is that it sets up the central Rogen/Baruchel conflict early on and resolves it brilliantly. 

Baruchel is bigger than McBride.  He has done very well after KU.  Look at his resume.  Tropic Thunder, HTTYD, She's Out of His League, Goon, Sorcerer's Apprentice.  He's done very well.  I understand your point and I guess these guys have all continued to work together but Baruchel has strayed away.