Dementeleus

This Is The End (2013)

This Is The End (2013)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

i give this a B this movie is so peculiar to itself i don't think i can compare it to anything so the B is specific to it

i have to admit i laughed a lot , like a lot ...

still way too much swearing going on 

and was i the only one thinking no way franco goes to heaven and duh he opens his mouth , just knowing what was going to happen i started laughing 

i felt so bad channing tatum was mcbride bitch noooooo (probably because right now the vow and magic mike are playing a lot on canal+  hbo french equivalent)

funny bit is i nearly turned the film off in the beginning for some reason i thought this film was that british film with simon pegg i heard about and when i realized this was actors playing themselves and actors i'm not  a fan of even though i've seen their films

when the earthquake happened and the blue light zapped people up that totally woke me up and kept me on the disaster ride 

i actually enjoyed pineapple express so loved the references and the mini-sequel they did 

i have to admit i did look at the clock at the 1 hour mark , as it does get a bit repetitive but it was fun!

wonder what happened to emma watson?

i screamed when backstreet boys appeared , man i lovee that song (hey i'm a BB fan for life)

and literally facepalmed during the boys ascent to whitney houston bodyguard song 

had i not made a mistake i probably wouldnt have watched this film of my own volition but i'm glad it was soo funny 

them drinking water like its champagne , seriously the songs choices were ridiculously hilarious !

Edited by ladyevenstar22

have to admit after all the shitty stuff that happened in the world this week , a shitty day i had , this was a great mindless entertaining film to end friday on and the closest i've come to watching  a horror movie in years (in the same genre there are the scary movies films)

Finally saw this yesterday and it was indeed crazy fun! And because I was a big BSB fan in my childhood,loved the ending!

MVP for me though is Danny McBride and I never really liked him in any other project before this but he was so hilarious with this maybe because he had better rapport with the cast.

Only disappointing for me here is that Emma Watson is not in heaven!

Edited by forg

I think out of the main guys Danny McBride was my favorite. All had their hilarious moments but if I had to choose my least favorite of the cast it would probably be Jonah Hill despite his.. gut-bustingly funny exorcism scene.

This Is The End 4,5/5

The World's End 4,5/5

• Like 2

I dislike Mcbridge to low gutter comedy.

I know I am acting like a puritan but I liked the silly comedy in We are the Millers, but this just didnt seem funny.

It was just silly and gross. 

In we are the Millers the scene with the family kissing and the parent filming and the girl walking in was hilarious  comedy.

The whole "cum" insult trading was like something a bunch of frat guys would think about. 

The girl walking in you could see coming from a mile away.

A little disappointing in that it wasn't as funny as I expected going in.  Perhaps just a case of high expectations leading to a downfall, but I felt it was a little inconsistent and absolutely a little overlong.  It's a clever film, but it just didn't deliver the proportion of laughs I was expecting going in.

However, the "rape" scene, Danny McBride, and the final 20 minutes were awesome.  

B+/B

Just re-watched this ... I'd still give it a 9/10 like I did after seeing it theaters.

5 best moments for me

1) I've been dropping loads all over this house, like a god damn dump truck. (Most I've laughed in a theater in years)

2) Milky Way & Bang, Bang (Jonah was hilarious in that scene)

3) Backstreet's Back (was an awesome moment, even coming from someone who had no interest in the BB back in the 90's/00's)

4) Things are getting rapey & Hermione stole all our shit.

5) Pineapple Express 2

McBride is brilliant in this film with his loud mouth crazy comedy ... him and Hill are the stand outs, although Franco gets some amazing moments as well.

Edited by Adam