#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Do we have any June opener that we can compare MOS to for 2nd weekend drop? Realistically, what's the smallest drop possible for it next weekend?

I am pleasantly surprised by the success of NYSM. But with the upcoming

movies that appeals to same audience that go for NYSM like WWZ, WHD

getting strong buzz, I say NYSM will end up with $110 mill or less.

Nope, more than 120 because that will help me in the summer game.

Do we have any June opener that we can compare MOS to for 2nd weekend drop? Realistically, what's the smallest drop possible for it next weekend?

Not really, June is usually a quiet month. Only three OWs over 70

Closest one is TS3 and that is a different genre. Next one is ROTF, but next weekend was the 4th, so maybe PoA with a 93M OW. Not on Father's Day Weekend (-62.7%), but frontloaded franchise. Have to go down to Rise of the Silver Surfer (54M OW), with a 65.5% fall, also The Hulk but non-Father's Day.

I easily enjoyed this movie almost 2x as much.Did I tell you I loved the action? Holy fuck It was more awesome in 2D.Also, I just noticed that Kevin Costner easily had the best acting in this movie.I haven't seen him this good in a really long time.I will increase my rating to this movie.9.0/10A-

• Like 6

I think the word of mouth will be very good ... maybe not Avengers or TDK great, but very good.  The general audience will be forgiving of any missteps in the middle of the film due to the insane visual display over the last hour IMO ... and the last 2 or 3 minutes which really worked for me.

Still, if it does 125, I think most likely destination is still under 340.  Don't see 3x legs ... more like 2.7

I only briefly considered the idea of 400 last night when the chance of 140+ existed. 

• Like 1