#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

I'm gonna finally see this tonight at 10, it's a 3D screening with DBox cus a bunch of my mates were interested in trying it out. I'm gonna see it again in a 2D IMAX screening (Actually, I can't believe they're doing this, even though it's once a day) at 1pm tomorrow. [Though the second viewing does depend on how much I like it the first time around)

• Like 2

Man of Steel, costing at least $225 million to produce, is opening in a total of 24 foreign markets this weekend and is ranking No. 1 in all.

Notably, the 3D movie -- starring British actor Henry Cavill -- grossed $5.2 million in the U.K., pacing ahead of blockbuster Iron Man 3 to score the best opening day of 2013 so far. Man of Steel captured 70 percent of the market and performed on par with last year's superhero extravaganza The Avengers.

In terms of other superhero pics, Man of Steel came in 88 percent ahead of The Amazing Spider-Man, 11 percent ahead of Iron Man 3 and 17 percent ahead of The Dark Knight.

Mexico and South Korea are the two other major markets where Man of Steel is debuting this weekend. It grossed $2.8 million in Mexico to score the biggest opening day for a WB film behind The Dark Knight Rises and the final Harry Potter pic.

Man of Steel has taken in $2.8 million in its first two days of play in South Korea, and continues to do stellar business in the Philippines, Taiwan and Malaysia, all emerging markets.

Elsewhere, it opened to $626,000 in the United Arab Emirates, the top opening ever for a WB film.

Cavill stars as Clark Kent, aka Superman, in the origin tale, which sees his character trying to hide his superpowers and live a normal life on Earth. Amy Adams stars as Lois Lane and Michael Shannon takes on the role of the menacing General Zod.

David S. Goyer penned the script based on a story he crafted with Nolan. Warners and Legendary turned to Nolan as a producer on the project after he successfully revived the Batman franchise with his Dark Knight trilogy. In the summer of 2005, Nolan's Batman Begins opened to $48.7 million and had incredible staying power.

Next weekend, Man of Steel opens in 26 additional markets, including China, France, Germany, Italy, Russia and Spain. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/foreign-box-office-man-steel-569440

• Like 1

Can't tell if serious. 

I find that hard to believe 

shockingly he was-admitted he was wrong and congratulated fans and changed his name to BKB FAILED...much more mature than I expected from him

MOS Sat atm going to go with 34-37m

That is way better than I expected. Even the lower number would essentially be flat with Friday - midnights. For comparison both TIH and GL decreased from their Friday minus Midnights.

Going with the lower range:

Friday: 44.1

Saturday: 34

Sunday: 27 (with 20% drop), 31 with 10% drop)

Total: 105-110 pre-Walmart being added back in.

Empire 25 ended beating Arclight Hollywood Fri, Lincoln Squ NYC has jumped up a lot SatArclight Hollywood/Sherman oaks ar up in top locs atm Greater LA had 6 top 10 theatres Fri

The Empire 25 always seems to do well, I went there when I visited New York along with the Regal E-Walk and its a great cinema, didn't go when it was busy so can't compare, would love to visit an Arclight cinema.

That is way better than I expected. Even the lower number would essentially be flat with Friday - midnights. For comparison both TIH and GL decreased from their Friday minus Midnights.

Going with the lower range:

Friday: 44.1

Saturday: 34

Sunday: 27 (with 20% drop), 31 with 10% drop)

Total: 105-110 pre-Walmart being added back in.

Tomorrow is father's day.

No way it drops that hard.

Edited by VGPOP

So you want to talk again about Walmart. This thread has been going on circles.

I'm sick of the Walmart talk but this won't be a record on BOM with 108M.

Wait...9M35M34M30M108M? Not a record?

This record is done. Let it go.

WB will add Walmart numbers and say official numbers for Thursday was only $5 million if they really want to and add the rest to the weekend.

Don't worry about that anymore.

Edited by VGPOP

The Empire 25 always seems to do well, I went there when I visited New York along with the Regal E-Walk and its a great cinema, didn't go when it was busy so can't compare, would love to visit an Arclight cinema.

I prefer the E-Walk, even though I don't go to either much. When I finally visit in LA, I'm going to the Arclight for sure.

• Like 1