#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

More like a BRITISH man playing an American superhero played a role

lol, no one here knows who Henry Cavil is either. People don't just go to movies because the lead is the same nationality. It was the marketing, presumably.

Posted Image

people go more for the WOM than critics reviews.

hi all those users u post..every single one are fanboys. the critics are not and as a result i trust them more.

10/10 marketing and well cut trailers + superman or nolan fanboys = large openings

but the actual quality re above, will result in large 2nd weekend drops.

Edited by Halba

Detailed CinemaScore breakdown from Deadline

”Our CinemaScore of ‘A-’ with the youngest (under 18) and the oldest (over 50) age categories both rating the film an ‘A’ should certainly generate strong word of mouth as we continue our run in the heart of the lucrative summer play time.”

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Detailed CinemaScore breakdown from Deadline

after earth had a B cinemascore. nuff said about cinemascore

key factors being the 1) mkting 2) fanboys vs 3)actual quality of film as seen from critics. they are not imagining things, nor are many people(non-fanboys) who have commented on this same:

Man of Steel offers nothing but torturous exposition, heavy-handed symbolism, criminally ill-used actors and a numbing finale that would be right at home in a Transformers sequel. It's one massive superbore.

Edited by Halba

but the actual quality re above, will result in large 2nd weekend drops.

How large... From you I'd expect a number that would mean a 70%+ drop... heck a 80% one.

I won't drop that much. Deal with it. General audience loves it. No ones gives a shit about critics, apart from haters...

• Like 5