#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Note: Because the Wal-Mart shows occured exclusively on Thursday, Box Office Mojo will be recording those grosses on that day.-BOM

lol BOM trolling

A poster here is a Walmart manager. He said his store sold about half. They were giving them away.

Yes, we sold around 1/2 at our store ... and were giving away the rest to employees. 

I would say Walmart probably lost in 'tickets purchased' at least 5 or 6 million dollars ... a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by agkman
  • Like 1

Note: Because the Wal-Mart shows occured exclusively on Thursday, Box Office Mojo will be recording those grosses on that day.-BOM

Oh ok.That's much better IMO.So, for the weekend, we are starting off at $9M.This movie will still $100M with or without Walmart.
  • Like 1

Wait, so Iron Man can have a 9pm showing ... and it counts for Friday, but MOS has a 7pm showing and it counts for Thursday. 

Okay ... that makes no sense.  I mean, I would have gone to midnight showing if no 7pm showing.

Edited by agkman
  • Like 1

Ray Subers is killing his insane opening weekend prediction by doing this ... he picked 139

Not that it matters ... WB is going to list it as part of the weekend and most publications will follow suit.

Edited by agkman

Funny.BOM disagrees.

Boxofficemojo is being hypocritical. Thurs early shows are the norm after Aurora. Not sure why hes choosing to pick one movie and separate grosses.