#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

On the bright side, not including the 12M from Walmart means that whatever amount MOS make in total would translate to a better multiplier.

• Like 2

We have Walmarts in SoCal, but there were no non-Walmart screenings before midnight here either.

Because the Walmart deal is exclusive, that's why there's no other preview shows. Someone did post an article about that on here 

Yes, there was a report that Wal-Mart was granted exclusivity. Sounds to me like Canada broke that deal, but here in the U.S. it was midnight only from everything I checked.

Were Canadian Walmarts selling MoS tickets? It might've been a US-only thing

• Like 2

Midnights are gone.  Every film now does not have a midnight.  They first started them at 10 pm and then slowly added 7 and 8 pm shows.  IM3, FF6 and so on did not make money at midnight, they made them at 7-8-9-10 pm on Thursday.

IM3 started at 9pm and they still had shows at midnight as well.

I know for a fact because I was checking the show.

There are still midnight shows. Just not as many.

• Like 2

Baumer,  Man of Steel was a special case.  If you didn't have a WM ticket then you had to do midnight.  In the US the WM deal was an exclusive and was the only way to get tickets for Thursday previews. Every one else had to go midnight.  This is the best proof I have. It's from my AMC Stubs account.  We still have midnights for pretty much every movie we just also have earlier shows as well.

Posted Image

• Like 2

IM3 started at 9pm and they still had shows at midnight as well.

I know for a fact because I was checking the show.

There are still midnight shows. Just not as many.

IM3 started at 8PM.

Man, if they had lumped it all together, this film would have surpassed Iron Man 2 (pending actuals) ... crazy. 

I see 330-350 as a finishing point ... unless big time legs develop.

Could go lower as well. 2.5 multiplier from the 3-day gets it to $304m when you include the Wal-Mart bonus.

• Like 1