#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

iJack, you'll love it, if you don't hold Superman mythos close to your heart. Action alone makes it worth the admission.  :D

I'm with you regarding Goyer. His screenplay was awful. I was shaking my head at some of the dialogue.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I was paying attention to dialogue at first, but then the action took all my focus. What writing didn't you like? Everything hasn't sunk in for me yet.

iJack, you'll love it, if you don't hold Superman mythos close to your heart. Action alone makes it worth the admission.  :D I'm with you regarding Goyer. His screenplay was awful. I was shaking my head at some of the dialogue.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I do hold my Superman mythology very close to my heart, I've always more of a Superman guy than Batman. With that said,

Superman has killed before, and he has killed Zod twice, both in comics and in Superman 2, so I feel like it'll be about how it's done. Especially how it's done with the sequel.

And Goyer has to go and I don't know, write anything BUT Marvel or DC characters films ever again.

Currently trending on twitter is  #DadOfSteel

Cadbury Dairy Milk ‏@DairyMilkIn

The hashtag is out - #DadOfSteel! RT if you think your dad is a superhero!

Looks like the MoS marketing team had this campaign planned out in pretty decent detail. The fathers day BO may surprise us all again, especially since neither the Spurs nor the Heat can wrap it up on Sunday.

• Like 6

I'll go with 50-55

That's impressive any way you want to slice it. Kudos to WB's marketing team. Regardless of its actual quality, this was obviously a much easier film to sell than SR. I mean, they could do entire semesters in college on how to market a film like SR. In fact, I would have to use it as my thesis if I was majoring in marketing.

But still, WB's marketing team deserves the credit for having a singular focus when it came to MOS.

8.4 on IMDb also bodes well, any word on cinemascore yet?

• Like 1

I was paying attention to dialogue at first, but then the action took all my focus. What writing didn't you like? Everything hasn't sunk in for me yet.

One line stuck in my head 

When Zod's explaining why he was doing this, Clark says, Krypton had it's chance. Pretty stupid to say that as Jor-El sent him to Earth not only for his betterment but betterment of Krypton.

Dialogue felt very odd, as Superman cares for all beings not only Earthlings.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Oh and I love TASM, but this is way better.

I am surprised you feel that way. Garfield's Peter/Spidey was a far meatier protagonist role than Cavill's Clark/Superman simply because he had far more to do. Also, let's face it, Cavill is wooden, hence why he had so few lines. And MoS Clark/Lois pale in comparison to TASM Peter/Gwen romance. I'd still put TASM over MoS despite the latter killing it in action and effects.

• Like 2

Well Man of Steel just took a big dump on the haters with that number.  Good God. 

I've had a pretty negative attitude towards MOS since the first trailers. Mainly for the divergence from the parts of his origin that I feel are iconic and essential. But I've never said that it would open anything but big though. My question was legs, which, regardless of questionable critical response, early audience reactions so far are mostly positive. Which is surprising to me since most reviews say it lacks the fun element. Can just Superman kicking ass cause positive WOM? So far, it seems so.

• Like 1