CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

Just quickyIm going to rewrite kill bill and make it not so simillar

Here's an idea. Why don't you rewrite and not make it Kill Bill? Because we've already told you you're not allowed to do it.

When can I do a review to the movies of third quarter? On 24th or may be before?

If anyone knows please reply me.

You're allowed to do reviews when Part 2 starts. So 24th, yeah.

• Like 2

Here's an idea. Why don't you rewrite and not make it Kill Bill? Because we've already told you you're not allowed to do it.You're allowed to do reviews when Part 2 starts. So 24th, yeah.

actually i am allowed to do kill bill as i was allowed the rights before you joined the game. Also there is no rule saying you cant do sequels to real moviesdo you find it fun moaning at me all the time?

actually i am allowed to do kill bill as i was allowed the rights before you joined the game. Also there is no rule saying you cant do sequels to real moviesdo you find it fun moaning at me all the time?

Dude, you have the rights for Kill Bill. Yes. That doesn't mean you must make a sequel/prequel to the original ones. Just re-make the whole god damn series from 0 if you want. Not a sequel

• Like 1

actually i am allowed to do kill bill as i was allowed the rights before you joined the game. Also there is no rule saying you cant do sequels to real movies

Kill Bill is barely 10 years old and famous enough to count as a classic franchise.

Rules

1. No adaptations or remakes of franchises that currently ( or recently) have films made in real life. So keep away from stuff like Batman, Harry Potter, Hunger Games etc. Some old players do have franchise rights for films that have recent installments in real life, but they acquired the rights back when the rules were a bit more lenient. Sequels and spinoffs to recent films are also forbidden.

5.  Some franchises shouldn't be used altogether. Major classic franchises like Indiana Jones or Jurassic Park should be off-limits completely, and some franchises that suffered from overexposure in the old CAYOM should also be off-limits unless permission is granted.

Edited by rukaio101

You don't have the right to make a Kill Bill sequel. Aside from the fact it's a terrible idea that makes no sense storywise.

It's such a random property to want to work with, you can do far better if you just make your own revenge film that has nothing to do with Killing a guy named Bill.

• Like 1

You don't have the right to make a Kill Bill sequel. Aside from the fact it's a terrible idea that makes no sense storywise.

It's such a random property to want to work with, you can do far better if you just make your own revenge film that has nothing to do with Killing a guy named Bill.

Adding onto that, the film you've got right now works fine as its own property, if you just change the names.

Ok fine, I'll get rid of the kill bill franchise tie in then and make it into an original film and change the character names (can I have Tarantino for director now)This comment should get about a million likesAlso im going to do a Tudor documentary for this quarter

Ok fine, I'll get rid of the kill bill franchise tie in then and make it into an original film and change the character names (can I have Tarantino for director now)This comment should get about a million likesAlso im going to do a Tudor documentary for this quarter

Tarantino's taken by another player.

Super excited to read it, considering how I don't think that I've seen Tarantino's work in CAYOM before. 

CHUCK NORRIS AND LIAM NEESON VS. GIANT SPIDERS says otherwise ;)

Also, random comments after gazing at the thread:

No way can Lord/Miller direct two animated movies in one year. I'm still shocked they're doing two movies this year irl :P

LOL@American Gods' lead being Renner. He plays God in The Last Six :P

• Like 1

Also... is it really okay to cast Phillip Seymour Hoffman in a movie?  :unsure:

I think the film was conceived before his death so it's a one-time thing we'll let go by.It's a situation that happened before in the old CAYOM with Heath Ledger when he died in the beginning of a Year. I think we said that "for Year X, Heath Ledger is assumed to still be alive" since he was due to reprise his role in a major franchise blockbuster sequel.
  • Like 1

I think the film was conceived before his death so it's a one-time thing we'll let go by.It's a situation that happened before in the old CAYOM with Heath Ledger when he died in the beginning of a Year. I think we said that "for Year X, Heath Ledger is assumed to still be alive" since he was due to reprise his role in a major franchise blockbuster sequel.

Yeah, I had a hacker movie planned in late December, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman was one of the actors planned weeks before his death.

I think it's official; I'm giving up CAYOM.I'm currently writing scripts for my Media Production class, and I'm also trying to keep up with school work that I'm falling behind on. My film ideas have been in the back of my head. I've decided to stop making movies because if they aren't going to get done, why try to make them in the first place?I might pop back in again, but I most likely won't for a long time.

I think it's official; I'm giving up CAYOM.I'm currently writing scripts for my Media Production class, and I'm also trying to keep up with school work that I'm falling behind on. My film ideas have been in the back of my head. I've decided to stop making movies because if they aren't going to get done, why try to make them in the first place?I might pop back in again, but I most likely won't for a long time.

So :( isn't getting made?

That makes me go :(. I kinda liked the look of that...

Nooo :(