Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Would you look at that?

Didn't I call the optimistic people to go for a $55 million - $60 million weekend for MOS?

People, I was there when I said it because I wrote it.

:D

Edited by VGPOP
  • Like 1

I really have a hard time understanding why critics gave Captain America/Thor better reviews than Man of Steel. Do these guys just hold Superman to a higher standard or something? Those are solid movies, don't get me wrong but there's no way Man of Steel should have received worse than them.

• Like 4

Thor was a bad movie, MOS was much better! And I really enjoyed Captain America!

I have Thor and Captain America the other way round. Thor is my favorite Marvel movie and Captain America is my least favorite.

I'm not a big fan of Thor and especially not Captain America and even I thought they were better than Man of Steel, and the latter was my most anticipated of the year. MOS rushes through Superman's character arc and falls flat on an emotional level. The last 45 mins of nothing but repetitive action hurts the movie. 

• Like 4

I think I might've overprojected MU and WWZ. I said 80 and 58. 

And I did some math, and adjusted for WOM and NBA finals based on a hybrid model of Prometheus (which had a Thursday NBA game, Game 6 where the Heats won), IM3, Green Lantern, and etc. and I got something like ~14 million Friday and 49.4 million weekend. 

I really have a hard time understanding why critics gave Captain America/Thor better reviews than Man of Steel. Do these guys just hold Superman to a higher standard or something? Those are solid movies, don't get me wrong but there's no way Man of Steel should have received worse than them.

Critics dont like zack snyders style of movies combined with donner superman nostalgia Edited by Hasan Ahmad
  • Like 3