Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

B, at least the drop is off of 116M, making it slightly over 60%, if it is off the 128M, that would be a disaster :lol:

LOL where are all "the the Wal-mart number should have been included in the OW" supporters now?

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 5

Very true. These surprises are why I love following box office.Still amazed by WWZ's number

I'm not that surprised by the number.  I predicted 65 mill in December for WWZ OW...I wish I would have stuck to my gut for the summer game. 

LOL where are all the the Wal-mart number should have been included in the OW suporters now?

Here.  The drop this week doesn't do anything to make me feel otherwise.  Those were 7pm shows and they should have been included.

• Like 2

I'm not that surprised by the number.  I predicted 65 mill in December for WWZ OW...I wish I would have stuck to my gut for the summer game.

Yeah, that would've been dead on. I was thinking sub 40m, actually about 35 lolIt's making up to twice as much so I was dead wrong

I think this is why people are discussing MoS drop in terms of WWZ strong opening, contemplating this reverse of fortune...not really "spinning" anything.

I'm just saying that films in the summer are released in the summer knowing full well that there is a potential new blockbuster every weekend.  The logic is to make your money first weekend and then hang on.  But when you are a film with great WOM, competition doesn't affect you all that much.  TDK (on the blockbuster scale) NYSM and The Help (on a smaller scale) and then you have films like Bridesmaids and The Proposal.  Competition is thrown around as a crutch.

• Like 2

I wonder if WB has any Walmart left to slightly pad this weekend's gross....

And WWZ was really good. 8.5/10

You liked WWZ?

Posted Image

• Like 2

FAST & FURIOUS 6: $1.45M Friday (est) / $225.14M Domestic Total / 2,417 Locations / $600 Location Avg. #Fast6

-51.4% from last friday

Posted Image

Not that anyone is waiting for these #s,

well I wait

Edited by Leyla