Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

personally I think the script of MoS is ok, the erratic editing and cinematography does more damage, preventing the film to connect with general audience emotionally. 

If Snyder/Goyer duo is to make MoS 2 and do it MoS style, I think the bo result will be straightforwardly embarrassing.   

Maybe if you send a personnal e-mail to WB top executives, they will see the light and how wrong they ve always been about Goyer and history will be made because MOS 2 will have an amazing script.

Problem is Nolan also likes him. Goyer is here to stay, unfortunately.   :puke: Maybe Jonathan Nolan can help polish the script for MOS2 in the future. 

The only writer of genre films I can think of who's worse than Goyer and Lindelof is Zac Penn, He is a complete hack whose work is routinely tossed out or completely rewritten, yet has managed to get credits on several films without a word of his being spoken. Case in point: The Avengers. Joss Whedon took one look at Penn's screenplay and pitched in the garbage before doing a page one rewrite. But Penn got credit for the story under WA rules. Ed Norton rewrote Penn's TIH script on the fly but again Penn took credit. Whedon is usually professionally neutral when talking about others in the biz, but the one time I heard him discussing Penn's Avengers script his voice was dripping with disgust.  

The anti-Lindelof and anti-Goyer sentiment on the 'net is really overdone.

Goyer and Snyder aren't a good combo. One of them is fine returning for MOS2 but both back will be problematic. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Am i the only one that though MOS was a great film?. I'm a bit suprised by the amount of negativity towards it on here to be honest.

Naa, I really liked it.  The film had some issues, particularly with the script...but so much of it worked for me I can forgive those issues. 

Goyer and Snyder aren't a good combo. One of them is fine returning for MOS2 but both back will be problematic. 

I liked Goyer's story concepts.  But clearly having someone like Johnathan Nolan doing a lot of the actual screenwriting helps.

I liked Goyer's story concepts.  But clearly having someone like Johnathan Nolan doing a lot of the actual screenwriting helps.

That's probably the best compromise available. Goyer isn't going anywhere and I loved Snyder's visual take on on Superman. Action was so intense and jaw dropping so having Jonah help Goyer with script is the best way to go. 

• Like 1

That's probably the best compromise available. Goyer isn't going anywhere and I loved Snyder's visual take on on Superman. Action was so intense and jaw dropping so having Jonah help Goyer with script is the best way to go. 

The action scenes were way to repetitive though. I think it needs new direction as well. 

The action scenes were way to repetitive though. I think it needs new direction as well. 

It seems they blew their wad with this one (with a memo saying "must beat TF3 and Avengers urban destruction amount"). How are they going to top that when Darkseid shows up? It seems like the climax of a third movie with the biggest and baddest threat in town that Superman would ever faced. Audience will get jaded fast and desensitized by then.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2