Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

I will be very curious to see how WWZ holds up. At least with my friends it's been a mixed bag, some loved if, and others found it boring and unsatisfying, so I will be curious to see what WOM is like with WWZ.

three of us watched it on Thursday,oone of my friend said it is just ok,another said it is @#%^@-crap

me -- between bad and ok

265 M, 270 M will never be correct. This will be at 240 M+ by next weekend. You think it will only earn 30 M after that?

That's exactly what happened with TASM last year. If TASM faced TDKR and the Aurora massacre in its third weekend, MOS will be hit by two huge releases each week, like ent cleverly put it. The $265m DOM prediction even isn't that far fetched when you realize this film is a reboot with more mixed WOM than TASM last year, having to face two new blockbusters every weekend. I still think it fan reach a little bit higher out of its legs, but not that much like people were predicting before this weekend. Edited by iKent

I think Goyer should do the story but get someone else to write the screenplay.

You guys keep forgetting that no matter who writes the script, the director gets to do whatever he wants to with it. The first step is picking the right director for the right project.
  • Like 1

Although I wish they would get rid of Snyder and Goyer,I  think WB is just going to keep the same team. This film is successful so they might not want to change it up. 

Edited by ban1o

I'm thinking Man of Steel grosses just above/below $20M next weekend. White House Down will steal some of the action crowd and The Heat will steal most casual female moviegoers. So, while neither will open as big, they will further crowd the marketplace. Much of the demand for Supes is burned away... a 68% declne for the opening $128.7M OW proves that. I really didn't expect Supes to have a drop nearly in line with that of Potter or Twilight sequel.

Monsters University went for families and scored big. World War Z went for men and scored big. 

Problem is both The Heat and White House Down are going for the same audience; all four quads. And since Monsters University will win next weekend, one of them will lose. Wouldn't surprise me if one opened at #4 or #5.

SUPERMAN has more in common w/ GREEN LANTERN than we previously thought: both dropped over 65% in their sophomore campaigns.

On the 2nd GL weekend.

Cars 2 opened with 66 and Bad Teacher opened with 31, considerably less than MU and WWZ,

GL made 18 million, MoS more than twice of that. but dropwise they were the same even though competition was weak.

Edited by Hasan Ahmad

You guys keep forgetting that no matter who writes the script, the director gets to do whatever he wants to with it. The first step is picking the right director for the right project.

I honestly like Snyder AND Nolan, obviously a lot more the latter. But if Goyer's lack of aptitude to get these characters are the reason why a lot of what happens with TDKR and MoS seem off, it's time to pair a new 'comic book guy' with these directors.I mean, if not even Nolan could not realize the mess that was a huge chunk of TDKR, what hope Snyder has?

Although I wish they would get rid of Snyder and Goyer,I think WB is just going to keep the same team. This film is successful so they might not want to change it up.

As long as they keep Nolan attached to produce they can bring in two schlubs from the street to make it and it would do fine.

MoS is getting destroyed next weekend as well. I've said the legs would be shit. Thank god it had that big opening.

IT will probably have a 2.4-2.5 multiplier of it's 117 OW and then you add 12 million ot that to get around 290-306 million. Not Great for a reeboot. but good enough. The OW was inflated because of father's day and WB had an AMAZING marketing campaign for the film, makign it able to open to such a huge number. 

Monsters University went for families and scored big. World War Z went for men and scored big. Problem is both The Heat and White House Down are going for the same audience; all four quads. And since Monsters University will win next weekend, one of them will lose. Wouldn't surprise me if one opened at #4 or #5.

If I had to bet on one of those movies slipping it would be WHD. The last 6-7 weeks (between IM3, STiD, FF6, MOS, and now WWZ) have been dominated by action movies. I could the audience wanting a break from that. And WHD does look like a pretty generic action movie, so I could see it being the casualty.

IT will probably have a 2.4-2.5 multiplier of it's 117 OW and then you add 12 million ot that to get around 290-306 million. Not Great for a reeboot. but good enough. The OW was inflated because of father's day and WB had an AMAZING marketing campaign for the film, makign it able to open to such a huge number. 

uh. TASM was the most successful reboot of all time with 260 million, if MoS gets 290-306, it will become the most succesful reboot of all time,.

• Like 1

That's exactly what happened with TASM last year. If TASM faced TDKR and the Aurora massacre in its third weekend, MOS will be hit by two huge releases each week, like ent cleverly put it. The $265m DOM prediction even isn't that far fetched when you realize this film is a reboot with more mixed WOM than TASM last year, having to face two new blockbusters every weekend. I still think it fan reach a little bit higher out of its legs, but not that much like people were predicting before this weekend.

You think the films opening in the coming weeks are like TDKR huge? That is exaggeration, really.

uh. TASM was the most successful reboot of all time with 260 million, if MoS gets 290-306, it will become the most succesful reboot of all time,.

I meant the multiplier not the gross. The gross is impressive. 

Edited by ban1o