Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Question. Do Cable movie channels have special dubbing? My Blu Ray of Looper has no Spanish track but my wife is clearly watching it in Spanish on TV. What gives?

Probably watching it on the espanol version of the channel. I'd expect that to be dubbed.

Can MU stand against DM2? Madagascar 3 drop less than 40% agains brave, I hope a less than 50% drop for MU, and I think it can do it, i hope  a 45% for MU and then 45% again, and then some 35% drops ahead. $300 is possible but difficoult

I saw Sam's post about this thread going down hill, so I'm not gonna waste time backtracking, but knowing the forum, I'm guessing it has to do with something Marvel and/or DC related?

• Like 1

TITE is hysterical and this is coming from a church going Catholic. :lol: best comedy of the year so far.

I loved it too! And I didn't find it that offensive either. I'm disappointed in the numbers though, this should be a $100M grosser. I wonder if the theme turned off some people though?

• Like 1

I loved it too! And I didn't find it that offensive either. I'm disappointed in the numbers though, this should be a $100M grosser. I wonder if the theme turned off some people though?

They should have taken the 7 June release date when it was available. There were 2 days between AE moving forward one week and Purge moving to 7 June. TITE should have gone head to head with "The Internship", it would have had a great opening (I feel 40M could have been easily achieved) and good legs with higher numbers.. 

It's most likely gonna hit 100.

Its tough to call right now and its still behind TT and even PE, but it did have a good hold this weekend, so I'm not ruling out $100M. Next weekend should be a good indicator. If it can survive against WWZ, it should survive against WHD, but can it survive against The Heat, a more mainstream comedy, is the question.

They should have taken the 7 June release date when it was available. There were 2 days between AE moving forward one week and Purge moving to 7 June. TITE should have gone head to head with "The Internship", it would have had a great opening (I feel 40M could have been easily achieved) and good legs with higher numbers.. 

Yeah, agreed, but I also wonder if the

religious theme hurt it a little bit. I didn't get offended, but I can see some religious people getting offended, and some non-religious being turned off

. That's the only thing I can think of to justify the B+ CS.

I think it's more what ones definition of shit is...not that if someone thinks it's good or bad. Like when you ask a friend hey how was that steak, and they're like it's the best steak in the world (or worst ever), etc...is that really it, or just your emotional reaction, etc. A shit movie to me is a very extreme case of awful, not just something that I didn't like or was bad or not that good, etc.

But buddy...I could tear IM3 apart. Its shit imo in a lot of ways. You might feel otherwise but thats just one opinion.
  • Like 1

It had an excellent drop this week against to make openers. It still has a chance to get 100 million
  • Like 1

But buddy...I could tear IM3 apart. Its shit imo in a lot of ways. You might feel otherwise but thats just one opinion.

Yeah I guess you're right I don't know where I was going with that lol. I think I'm just any easy grader and for me to say something is "shit" it has to have almost no redeeming values and be just awful, like a low budget made for TV movie on syfy or something haha.
  • Like 1

Yeah I guess you're right I don't know where I was going with that lol. I think I'm just any easy grader and for me to say something is "shit" it has to have almost no redeeming values and be just awful, like a low budget made for TV movie on syfy or something haha.

The only movie this year which I have seen which I would classify as 'Shit' would be "The Host". I saw it for free in a preview screening, and I still felt like I wanted money back for having endured that movie.

After I took my MoS avatar off the movie went to shit.Coincidence?(removed it Monday)

Only one way to find out. Change back and keep it for a week, if it works then your avatars have abilities far beyond your comprehension.

• Like 1

MoS is performing just as I expected. No surprise here. Delusional people actually thinking this was going to get good WOM with an RT score of 56%.

Rotten 56% score and hit 400M WW on its 2nd weekend. Where is this poor WOM?

Its tough to call right now and its still behind TT and even PE, but it did have a good hold this weekend, so I'm not ruling out $100M. Next weekend should be a good indicator. If it can survive against WWZ, it should survive against WHD, but can it survive against The Heat, a more mainstream comedy, is the question. Yeah, agreed, but I also wonder if the

religious theme hurt it a little bit. I didn't get offended, but I can see some religious people getting offended, and some non-religious being turned off

. That's the only thing I can think of to justify the B+ CS.

Well, it's ahead of PE in daily gross already and that finished with 87m and its just behind TT. I think it can make it just over 100m.
  • Like 2

After I took my MoS avatar off the movie went to shit.Coincidence?(removed it Monday)

I thought the movie went to shit somewhere at the point of the Smallville battle.

Just kidding.

On my 2nd viewing today, I noticed that Ma Kent works at Sears, unless she randomly carries a Sears lanyard for whatever reason. I'm not sure how to react to that.

• Like 3

Your Mission, Should You Choose To Accept It is to hit 300 pages before actuals

Sure, give us another terrible MoS estimate. You'll get 40 more pages.
  • Like 2