Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

And that's still a fucking horrible number.

This is only happening because WWZ is overperforming. MU was always going to cut into some audience for MoS. WWZ just added more damage.

6 mill?  lol...it would have to stay flat today for it to do 6 mill.  Come on leyla, just give it normal increase today.

ok

going by most ppl in the prediction thread

6.3-6.4 :P

Edited by Leyla

I just don't think this is an issue of quality.

I'm going by Flixster here:

4.3 / 5.0 WWZ

4.2 / 5.0 MOS

6.3 critics score MOS

6.2 critics score WWZ

MOS is mediocre and WWZ isn't? It's funny MOS is rotten at RT even if it has a higher averaged score.

Let me put it this way: MoS wasn't good enough that people preferred to see it again over a couple of newer films. You can't ignore Monsters U's audience, as Pixar has a significant teen/adult base.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

I think that is all about the critics expectations though. They thought that WWZ was going to be a mess and so were relieved when it wasn't, and they thought MOS was going to be fantastic and it wasn't.And it remains to be seen how WWZ holds up after this weekend.

And that kind of thing is unfair. Judge the film and not its production history. lol

So, as expected, and I am not surprised, although I was one of the optimistic for MOS to gross as much as possible, WOM seems to be   poor.

I didn't like movie. I wanted to see it again, but I'll just wait for Netflix. Very disappointed. How the movie was put together (for people who have seen it) was just bad. Simply bad.

MOS 2 is go, let's just hope it's better.

Let me put it this way: MoS wasn't good enough that people preferred to see it again over a couple of newer films. You can't ignore Monsters U's audience, as Pixar has a significant teen/adult base.

Which brings us to the point that competition is tougher than expected regardless of quality. MU definitely took the 'college' crowd. That WWZ number is a surprise at least for me.

• Like 1

So, as expected, and I am not surprised, although I was one of the optimistic for MOS to gross as much as possible, WOM seems to be   poor.

I didn't like movie. I wanted to see it again, but I'll just wait for Netflix. Very disappointed. How the movie was put together (for people who have seen it) was just bad. Simply bad.

MOS 2 is go, let's just hope it's better.

Wow wow .It's only one day, it doesn't mean that WOM is toxic. However, I hope they change some of the creative team (Goyer and Snyder)  for the second film. 

A- CinemaScore, 8.1 on IMDBHow is WOM poor for MoS? There's 2 huge openers and clearly not enough room on the market for a 3rd with the same audience as the other 2

I think the Saturday increase will be big enough for 45M OW. That is a steep drop, but people need to realize that this film opened EXTREMELY high for a reboot. A big 2nd weekend drop was destined. I think the following weekdays will be much better and next weekend drops should be 40-50%. 300M is still on track........People are just overreacting...... And the competition is big......

• Like 1

And that's still a fucking horrible number.

It is. But, I'm just glad that the majority of the audience won't see that. They will see that MOS earned more money in its second weekend that most movies earn in their first. IMO, the worst thing to happen to any movie is for it be deemed as a failure by the press. Well, and I'm relieved at all the commercial partners MOS has, at least that is another revenue stream, which WB may need.

A- CinemaScore, 8.1 on IMDBHow is WOM poor for MoS? There's 2 huge openers and clearly not enough room on the market for a 3rd.

Cinemascore is just for the first night when fanboys go to the screenings. Imdb ratings are very fanboy heavy as well. However, I do agree we should wait for the following weekends to get a sense on what the WOM is really like. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

So Rth was right regarding Nikke's 13.2M. :D Noway to spin this, it's not a good number. It needs to stabilize or passing IM1 will be a distant memory.  :unsure:

rth wasn't right. He was off by 0.2 M. lol

I think MOS might end up with 290 M.