Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Yeah ok.  :lol:

All Star Wars takes place in space where the Jedis fight the Siths. Nothing different in those films, right?

Seven of the Harry Potter movies take place in Hogwarts. Nothing different in those films, right?

All the LoTR films were one giant roadtrip to Mordor. Nothing different in those films, right?

Entire plot is built around a competition among people killing each other. Again... you can't see how that could hurt shows how blinded you are by your fandom. Doesn't bother me one bit personally. But I've heard even hardcore fans acknowledge that will be a problem. So when Mockingjay Part I is the lowest grosser, be sure to look back at my post and your childish reactions.

Sorry for not knowing my box office history, but has there every been a weekend with three $50M movies? It would be pretty cool if that happened. Not even 20 years ago an opening weekend of $50M seemed insurmountable...

Well you were wrong about WWZ and will be for Katniss

Yeah and I was right about Man of Steel hitting $120M. Katniss mania will die down. Even Jennifer Lawrence's popularity will start to dwindle by then.

EDIT: Didn't see Telemachos' warning. Dropping it.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

We don't even get into the arena until the last third of the novel, in which case the characters, the area and the outcomes are all different.

The trailer only even alludes to the Games in the last few seconds.

Entire plot is built around a competition among people killing each other. Again... you can't see how that could hurt shows how blinded you are by your fandom. Doesn't bother me one bit personally. But I've heard even hardcore fans acknowledge that will be a problem. So when Mockingjay Part I is the lowest grosser, be sure to look back at my post and your childish reactions.

I do think MJ1 will be the lowest grossing in the series, but where's the childish reaction? And NO, if you have ANY idea of what the book is, you know the scale of the story is far more massive than anything in THG AND the main plot is actually much more than the battle. 

I'll accept your apology come November.

I do think MJ1 will be the lowest grossing in the series, but where's the childish reaction? And NO, if you have ANY idea of what the book is, you know the scale of the story is far more massive than anything in THG AND the main plot is actually much more than the battle. 

I'll accept your apology come November.

My comments were regarding how Catching Fire will effect Mockingjay Part I next November. Learn to read. And yes you will apologize to me next November. Moving on...