Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Anyone surprised like me how huge MU opened? I guess there really haven't been any truly decent family animation this summer;

Not surprised at all. And allow me to trace yet another parallel between MOS and TASM from last year:Both films lost their 1st spot on the second weekend for animation films. A little bit of a trivia, but it's ironic how some of the biggest "haters" of TASM last year try to sugar coat everything about MoS and hating on each and every other release that presents a menace to the movie's BO. I'm not dissing on MOS box office numbers by any means, but I think it's about time to some recognize that the reception for those two films are VERY similar, and that's AWESOME. For a REBOOT. The sequels are when the reboots hopefully pay off. Edited by iKent
  • Like 1

Are WB searching in PR to find the last $ to get it over 400 mill WW??

It should be close.

345 mill before sat and sunday comming from a 20 mill friday

That's exactly what will happen.

We shall see what happens next weekend first. I am going to wait for next weekends numbers and you can all call your predictions now if you want. 

Next week's going to be unpredictable. I have no idea how WHD and The Heat will open. Both seem like huge crowd pleasers on paper (and I can speak that The Heat should be a crowd pleaser), but I don't know if the marketplace can handle two more movies breaking out. I'm just happy This is the End survived the craziness of this weekend and had a solid hold. I want it to simmer in the top 10 until it hits 100m.

• Like 5

Next week's going to be unpredictable. I have no idea how WHD and The Heat will open. Both seem like huge crowd pleasers on paper (and I can speak that The Heat should be a crowd pleaser), but I don't know if the marketplace can handle two more movies breaking out.I'm just happy This is the End survived the craziness of this weekend and had a solid hold. I want it to simmer in the top 10 until it hits 100m.

40-55 mill range for both IMO