Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

what total is Monsters University looking at 

Well, it should get a typical Pixar multiplier of at least 3, possible 3.4.  So 250-280

• Like 1

Per Tele's advice, watching In The Loop in honor of James Gandolfini. Pretty damn funny movie so far. It is on Netflix streaming, so pretty easy to watch for anyone curious. Gandolfini's first scene is around 30 minutes into the film and I'm cracking up. His character is great. He's a pervert army general. :lol:

Forgot to ask, what'd you think overall?

News flash: so was MoS, and this is coming from an unbiased viewpoint which you clearly lack calling it "best film of the year" lol

None of us are unbiased. Anyone who's seen the movie has an opinion on it, whether favorable or unfavorable.

• Like 5

None of us are unbiased. Anyone who's seen the movie has an opinion on it, whether favorable or unfavorable.

Dude if you call that movie the best movie of the year either that was your only film you've seen or you came in knowing you were going to love it regardless like Ed. You can have a more unbiased opinion, I firmly believe that. Edited by GiantCALBears

News flash: so was MoS, and this is coming from an unbiased viewpoint which you clearly lack calling it "best film of the year" lol

well of course Zod does not end up being a british comedian and Faora as the real villian like IM3

Dude if you call that movie the best movie of the year either that was your only film you've seen or you came in knowing you we're going to love it regardless like Ed. 

That's poo-poo. And I don't even like the movie.

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 1

While “Monsters University” drew some non-families, at 27%, the Pixar film ultimately saw a larger-than-usual share come from parents and kids. By comparison, “Brave” earned 34% of its opening from non-family auds.

That's somewhat surprising. 

With 31% of the gross, 3D contributed only a tad less for “Monsters U” than it did for “World War Z,” which earned 34% in 3D — with the benefit of premium large-format screens. Similarly, “Man of Steel,” which earned 41% from 3D (including 12% Imax) last weekend, dropped to 35% in its second frame.

Posted Image

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 3

IM2 just needed some more action with bigger things at stake, then it wouldn't be half bad.

Knock over a couple buildings and blow up a few ships.  Destroy a bridge.  I dunno.  Anything besides a cheap 45-second finale in a small barren field.

I still like Favreau's directing as well as the random comedy bits he threw in.

So wrong. People can say it was shit and if that is how they feel that is how they feel.

I think it's more what ones definition of shit is...not that if someone thinks it's good or bad. Like when you ask a friend hey how was that steak, and they're like it's the best steak in the world (or worst ever), etc...is that really it, or just your emotional reaction, etc. A shit movie to me is a very extreme case of awful, not just something that I didn't like or was bad or not that good, etc. Edited by FTF
  • Like 1

Question. Do Cable movie channels have special dubbing? My Blu Ray of Looper has no Spanish track but my wife is clearly watching it in Spanish on TV. What gives?