Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Ok everyone calm the fuck down.

Where is the MoS estimate?

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-06-21-north-america-monsters-university-and-world-war-z-deliver-healthy-early-grosses

Man of Steel had to compete against the NBA finals all week and will have to put up a fight against the new releases from Disney and Paramount in order to keep its North American momentum. Early reports suggest that Man of Steel is bound to drop 55% from the previous weekend, taking in around $53 million in its first hold-over performance. 

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

As the lead or co-lead of a movie, Brad Pitt had four movies in the past decade cross 100 million- Troy, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Basterds, and Benjamin Button (I don't count the Ocean's movies).  Tatum had three last year. To say that Tatum doesn't at least have damn strong box office power is crazy. Sure he's not half as FAMOUS as Brad Pitt, but he puts asses in seats I'd say at least nearly as well.

Well I'm talking domestically, I can't judge overseas, I've never even left the country. And to say that he's not even 1/10th as big is an asinine statement.

Just look at the OS results of Magic Mike, The Vow and 21 Jump Street. 

As the lead or co-lead of a movie, Brad Pitt had four movies in the past decade cross 100 million- Troy, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Basterds, and Benjamin Button (I don't count the Ocean's movies).  Tatum had three last year. To say that Tatum doesn't at least have damn strong box office power is crazy. Sure he's not half as FAMOUS as Brad Pitt, but he puts asses in seats I'd say at least nearly as well.

Pitt also rarely does blockbusters/mainstream movies. I never said Tatum didn't have a strong box office power. But just DOM. He is far from Pitt's status WW. 

Just look at the OS results of Magic Mike, The Vow and 21 Jump Street. 

I never argued that Channing Tatum was near as big as Brad Pitt overseas. But in a thread like this, where we're talking about domestic numbers, he certainly holds his own. Easily.