Jordanstine

Wed 6/26 Numbers (Update: Actuals on Pg.9) - MU $10.0, WWZ $6.2, MOS $4.1

I'm talking box office numbers and using previous data from a reboot to back up my claims and hit the nail in the head with my predictions. Again, what else do you got despite personal attacks?

Did you even read what I said?  You are comparing MOS with TASM, fine I don't disagree with that fact. I just disagree with your conclusion since after 17 days in theaters TASM grossed an additional 45M, if the same happens with MOS it is sure to gross at least 290M. But taking the unfotunate circunstances involving TASM's remaining run I would say MOS is better positioned.

I basically skim over MoS stuff. MU will be interesting to watch because of DM2 and Turbo. But I have to say my favorite part of RTH updates is the NYSM number. It's fun watching this do its own thing :D

yeah same :D

i have no probs with ppl talking abt what they want be it cheese, airline food, Mos :P I just skip parts I dont care abt

btw now with my worry abt the nysm screen count how do u think it will decline in coming weeks???

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

Actuals coming in...

NYSM: 1,184,878

Great, down only 19% from last week. Another amazing hold coming up for it, it's looking to finish at around 130M. Surprise run of the summer.  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

Kitik, do you ignore my sig as well? :(

I ignore most signatures as they tend to clutter up the threads for me.  But not yours as it is MOS after all :)

edit: and not WileECoyote's either for obvious reasons :)

Edited by Punishment
  • Like 1

Aww, you're sweet. :DIf TITH survives this weekend then I think it's in the clear for 100m. Certainly deserves it.

My fingers are more than humanly possible crossed for that to happen.

• Like 1

Did you even read what I said?  You are comparing MOS with TASM, fine I don't disagree with that fact. I just disagree with your conclusion since after 17 days in theaters TASM grossed an additional 45M, if the same happens with MOS it is sure to gross at least 290M. But taking the unfotunate circunstances involving TASM's remaining run I would say MOS is better positioned.

That's my point, amigo. The point is that you need to understand the difference between a movie released in a tuesday and other released in a Friday. MoS will indeed make more than TASM domestically, which I've already said countless times.

The reasoning is quite simple. After 13 days (without counting Walmart Thursday), MoS is making $4.1m-$4.2m in this 2nd Wednesday. TASM only started to make $4m at the same 2nd Wednesday, after 16 days (without counting pre midnight Monday numbers). They are in sync. Regardless if MoS was released at a shorter period of time than TASM, both are dropping exactly the same way into its 2nd week. MoS will jump higher this weekend than TASM at the same period of time (it's the TDKR / Aurora shooting weekend equivalent) as I've been saying, but it will be around $17,8m, not anything close to $20m this weekend. 

My point is that MOS won't grow legs all of sudden if it's dropping at the same rate of TASM at the same period of time (June 27th, 2013 for MoS and Jul 18th, 2012, for TASM).

Edited by iKent