Despicable Me

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Despicable Me

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

One of the many great animated films last year! So dang funny. Love the Minions, and those girls were so cute and funny! Great to hear Julie Andrews as well, who I didn't even reconize until the credits!I still don't know why this should have a sequel though as it seemed stand alone.A

I find it amusing that you keep saying that like your opinion trumps all. You don't find them funny? Cool. Lots of others do. They're not wrong and neither are you.

let's see if I get it, I cannot express my opinion because that would be "your opinion trumps all".

YES, I don't know how people like minions but I do know they like and that's ok with me.

Edited by Goffe

I never said my opinion trumps all and nothing I said even implied that. In fact I said the opposite. So calm down, spike.You've just said things akin to "people who think the minions are funny are stupid" in here and in the DM2 thread already, so it didn't seem that you understood that. But, as long as you do, sweet. :)

Re-watched this hoping to see why that hype for the minions is there. Still haven't changed my mind related to this.

Annoying characters, annoying voice acting (apart from the girls). The jokes weren't that funny and the minions weren't a tenth as funny as people suggested them to be. A few laughs throughout a movie (I got more from Hangover 2), leading to a movie that I don't want to ever watch again, and don't want to remember ever watching it.

C-

• Like 1

Has its moments, but is overall about as mediocre and forgettable as animated films get. The minions are probably the worst part of the film; they are irritating, asinine, and represent everything wrong with children's films today. I want to stab myself whenever they are on screen. As for the rest, whatever. It's basically a 90 minute long ripoff of Pixar, Looney Tunes, and Phineas and Ferb. A few of the jokes are funny, but on the whole they're predictable and they miss the mark completely. Agnes, while cute, is a giant ripoff of Boo, and the other two kids are basically walking sentimentality-devices, devoid of any personality and basically there to amp up the soulless emotion that the film attempts to produce. 

C-, 4.5/10

• Like 1

I liked it over all, and had a fun time at theater watching it with my two little cousins, which was nice. I guess I differed from quite a few others who love Despicable Me cause of the minions. I found them cute at times, but mostly annoying and stupid all other times. What makes me like Despicable Me is the story between Gru and the girls, I think it's well-done and quite touching.

Despicable Me is the only Illumination production that I like so far (haven't watched DM2 yet). Hop is such a bore, and The Lorax is just terrible. I hope DM2 can be on par with DM1.

I'd give this movie a B.

Edited by Sam