#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

The Lone Ranger has the best chance IMO.

Think Lone Ranger will do well in theaters. 

My local Barnes and Nobles have dress up days and I've already seen at least 2 kids dressed up as either Lone Ranger or Tonto and the films not even out yet.

Plus I think the marketing is real good. Everywhere I go is Lone Ranger poster here and there, TV commercials everywhere. A lot of people I know are going to see it next wknd - their fans of the POTC films.

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 2

It looks way too much like Men in Black to me. :ph34r:

Yeah that too. Jeff also sounds like Tommy Lee Jones. I'm just saying the film  it gets good reaction. It could work

R.I.P.D. opens against Red 2.

Are people Buzzzing for Red 2?

Edited by Dragon

Given that these estimates hold, fuck yes. Truly impressed and surprised with them. Nothing from the weekdays numbers could possibly indicate anything close to $20m. It's behaving like a family film. I don't want to get my hopes up too soon, but it seems that $20m is truly in cards, which is a LOT better than the good estimates that I already had. 

Not holding my hopes up when it's a Nikki estimate. 21 million would be good though and would make 300 million a realistic possibility.

It essentially looks like DWA's lame attempt at ripping off Cars. Except they replaced the Cars with Snails? Huh?? :wacko:

They did it with ANTZ. They did it with SHARK TALE. They'll gonna do it with B.O.O.

They did it with ANTZ. They did it with SHARK TALE. They'll gonna do it with B.O.O.

From the trailers it looks like Turbo, after getting his speed, is captured/recruited by a kid who happens to run a snail racing business.  My questions is...what are the odds?

If WHD had done better at the boxoffice you wouldn't see as much criticism of Foxx.  When a person is down, the tendency across the internet is to kick a person when they're down.  Of course building someone back up is also a cottage industry.