#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

R.I.P.D. opens against Red 2. Won't be pretty for the undead cops.

With Red receiving a C+ CinemaScore I'd say the opposite is more likely. Red 2 = bombs away. No one asked for a sequel and the first wasn't even well received.

to be fair. TDKR had no competition for the first two weeks. First week it went up against The Watch and second week the Total Recall remake

Sure, but at the same time, TDKR was quite possibly one of the most anticipated films of all time working against its own legs.

I can buy the drop last week, but the competition isn't that bad this week. It should be dropping better from last weekend.

With Red receiving a C+ CinemaScore I'd say the opposite is more likely. Red 2 = bombs away. No one asked for a sequel and the first wasn't even well received.

You do realize that movie opened with 20M on his way to a 90M DOM total? I am not saying people asked for a sequel, because nobody did, but his WOM was quite good.

First one had pretty solid legs.

Edited by RichWS

This is the second weekend in a row its drops will be worse than TDKR's. Fathers Day obviously helped a lot but it's clearly getting lost in the shuffle. WB is definitely giving Superman 2 the prime July slot in 2015.

Of course its legs will be worse than TDKR; Man of Steel is a reboot and not expecting to have amazing legs. Well, I never expecting it to have amazing legs. I expected 300m domestically and 450m overseas.

Edited by aliadiere29
  • Like 1

So if MoS makes 18M, 300M is done.19M means its a lock.Interesting analysis.

People are failing in their analyses of MOS, they expect the drops to remain this big but they're bound to get lower and stabilize.

The summer Harry Potter movies grossed an average of 61M after 17 days in theaters.

The Transformer movies grossed an average of 73M after 17 days in theaters.

Man of Steel is behaving more like the HP movies but a little better, with 248M after 17 days in theaters it looks like it is headed for a 310M total -/+ 5M.

• Like 1

People are failing in their analyses of MOS, they expect the drops to remain this big but they're bound to get lower and stabilize.The summer Harry Potter movies grossed an average of 61M after 17 days in theaters.The Transformer movies grossed an average of 73M after 17 days in theaters.Man of Steel is behaving more like the HP movies but a little better, with 248M after 17 days in theaters it looks like it is headed for a 310M total -/+ 5M.

We also have the 4th of July independence day weekend coming up. If anything gets a boost it should be the American mid west MoS.

TDKR - 2.8IM3 - 2.3Shit.

That's not really fair since may releases have bigger weekend and smaller weekdays. If you compare the first seven days they have pretty similar shares of the total  http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/grossbydays.htm?days=7&p=.htm

You may also notice that Avengers has a smaller share than TDK, which indicates better legs.

• Like 2

I know it's not a fair comparison but neither is comparing TDKR to MoS. I just wanted to state that TDKR legs shit on both regardless.A better comparison would be a GL, or even Hulk.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 2