#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

I must be the only one that thinks DMC is an overlong tedious movie. COTBP was tighter and funnier.(When Depp's Sparrow was surprising and refreshing in his unexpectability and not a tired comedy schtick)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

Fuck, I can't remember any scenes from it. :huh:

The only movie I fell asleep in.

I must be the only one that thinks DMC is an overlong tedious movie. COTBP was tighter and funnier.

There is a reason why I did not join screaming with the rest of the theater at the end of DMC lol

• Like 1

Uh, the lines to get into the movie didn't give you a hint? :P

That time, I lived in a place where there was only one big theater so we got packed most of the time, but it was the first time since Spider-man 2 and ROTK and to some extent AOTC where the audience reacted in anyway lol

That time, I lived in a place where there was only one big theater so we got packed most of the time, but it was the first time since Spider-man 2 and ROTK and to some extent AOTC where the audience reacted in anyway lol

The reaction to the ending would be irrelevant to the opening. I saw DMC on opening day and I saw Inception on its first Saturday. Inception had a much stronger/more audible reaction from the crowd, yet it opened to $62m while DMC opened to $135m. The opening is all about hype, nothing more and nothing less. I knew DMC would be huge when I saw long lines with people of all ages. Couldn't believe there were dudes in their 50's lined up to see it on opening day.

The reaction to the ending would be irrelevant to the opening. I saw DMC on opening day and I saw Inception on its first Saturday. Inception had a much stronger/more audible reaction from the crowd, yet it opened to $62m while DMC opened to $135m. The opening is all about hype, nothing more and nothing less. I knew DMC would be huge when I saw long lines with people of all ages. Couldn't believe there were dudes in their 50's lined up to see it on opening day.

DMC's opening was all about Disney marketing and great WOM from COTBP.

• Like 1

DMC's opening was all about Disney marketing and great WOM from COTBP.

Pretty much.

Also, the boringness of Superman Returns made it insignificant competition.

:P