#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

Romantic dramas are clearly becoming bigger and bigger on VD weekend. Tatum helped the Vow, but that would still be a 70-90M movie without him. 21 Jump Street was also helped by Tatum because he was hot from The Vow and that pulled teen girls, plus it had a great trailer. He was the a draw in Magic Mike.

Not to forget that the marketing was heavily on the "true" aspect, the writer and the fact that the 2 leads were in 2 previous Sparks films.

• Like 1

Can you mail me the crystal ball you have?  You are sure it won't touch 200 mill overseas?  

I am sure. It will do 150M with luck. We will talk in the end of the Summer again about this :lol:

One problem was during the WHD trailer quite a few people were saying "Isn't this a little to silly for that type of film?" (There were also some amusing political comments that I wont get into-don't want to get political in here)

WHD looks relatively generic with no big money shots. (The big money shot was a limo crashing into a pool? Fail.)

Not hard to see why it wouldn't break out coming on the heels of OHF.

I don't know if Tatum is a draw. There are other factors for his films successes. 

Thank you! Just because he had one great year,people started declaring he was a huge draw, but then people don't want to say Jenifer Lawrence is a draw.  

Thank you! Just because he had one great year,people started declaring he was a huge draw, but then people don't want to say Jenifer Lawrence is a draw.  

What does Jennifer Lawrence have to do with anything?

• Like 2

Tatum was barely in the marketing over here. I was not talking about America. But I doubt he was the main reason in America. The Rock saved the franchise.

I love Johnson. But he didn't save the franchise. 3D and moving it to dead-zone March salvaged the wreckage.

• Like 2

Your explanation makes no sense.

WHD = Tatum + Foxx + Emmerich + Action Spectacle + 150M budget 

The Tourist = Depp + Jolie + 100M budget 

WHD has to make more than 280M WW to be considered a hit. The Tourist did 280M WW. More than enough to be a hit and a success for Sony. 

What does Jennifer Lawrence have to do with anything?

A lot people on this board deny JLaw is a draw but then those same peopel say CHanning Tatum is one of the biggest draws in hollywood.