#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

OHF had one of the coldest villians I've seen in a while. The movie was intense for the most part. Gerard Butler was freakin' great.

The end was wack though. Seemed like they ran out of money and said come on let's wrap this shit up. But still one of the best of the year. Too bad it couldn't cross that 100m.

• Like 1

Funny, Gerard Butler is the reason that I COULDN'T bring myself to love OHF. I haven't ever liked him in anything not called 300. He was solid, but......And Eckhart was way too vanilla for me. I haven't seen WHD, but Tatum and Foxx is just a much, much better combo. 

Edited by Cmasterclay

Why don't studios try to prevent this sort of thing? If you get word that another studio is releasing a similar film to yours, wouldn't it be in both parties' interests (especially for the studio releasing the later film) to make the films more distinct from one another?

Why don't studios try to prevent this sort of thing? If you get word that another studio is releasing a similar film to yours, wouldn't it be in both parties' interests (especially for the studio releasing the later film) to make the films more distinct from one another?

I haven't seen WHD yet but it looks like a totally different movie tonally than OHF. The white house takeover seems like the only similarity.

I'm still in shock that McCarthy is now one of Hollywood's leading ladies. That's so unexpected, I thought so with Identity Thief's success but this just confirms it.

It's cool but she's typecast in one sort of role. I can't really see hollywood putting her in a different type of role. 

Edited by ban1o

I'm still in shock that McCarthy is now one of Hollywood's leading ladies. That's so unexpected, I thought so with Identity Thief's success but this just confirms it.

She is a leading lady, but only in these type of movies.

She is lucky that there are strong rumors that both Identity Thief 2 and The Heat 2 will happen. 

Edited by CJohn

It's cool but she's typecast in one sort of role. I can't really see hollywood putting her in a different type of role. 

She is lucky that there are strong rumors that both Identity Thief 2 and The Heat 2 will happen. 

I predict she will be cast in an Oscar-caliber dramatic role very shortly. There was one scene in Identity Thief where she showed some serious acting chops.

• Like 1

How about we give her some time to see what she can do, huh?

• Like 2

How about we give her some time to see what she can do, huh?

What if Hollywood doesn't care about what she can do outside of these type of roles? It sucks, but it may happen.

Okay I don't feel like looking it up right now, but is MM the same actress that was in that movie with Ryan Reynolds. It wasn't a big movie. It was pretty good and a while back. I can't remember the name of it right now, lol.

What if Hollywood doesn't care about what she can do outside of these type of roles? It sucks, but it may happen.

Who knows? Maybe, maybe not. She hasn't tried yet so there's no reason to say she can't do it.

I haven't seen WHD yet but it looks like a totally different movie tonally than OHF. The white house takeover seems like the only similarity.

That's a pretty huge similarity, and the marketing really hasn't been that different. WHD is clearly more effects-driven, but both films are solidly in the thriller genre. If the sub-30M weekend pans out, it seems pretty clear that OHF had at least some impact.

I'm not sayign she doesn't have the capability. It's just Hollywood is going to typecast her in certain films. 

She's always gonna have her bread and butter: Comedies. That's how she's gonna make her money.

Okay I don't feel like looking it up right now, but is MM the same actress that was in that movie with Ryan Reynolds. It wasn't a big movie. It was pretty good and a while back. I can't remember the name of it right now, lol.

The Nines?