Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

Well 9 years of inflation, 3D and IMAX surcharges, a holiday weekend, and four quadrant appeal will do that for you :lol:

I'm pretty sure DM2 wouldn't need any of that to beat Shrek 2's WHOPPING OH MY GOD opening day of $11.8m.

Which is why I was assuming Ed was being sarcastic lol

I just felt like scenes were just coming and going without really having an impact, particularly all the flashbacks to his childhood, which didn't really build any real familial connection, and then ended with the absurd

tornado scene

That scene affected me a bit... just a bit.

You're welcome to think it, I guess, but I don't see any contextual evidence in the movie itself that supports it; nor does it work in any sort of thematic or satisfactory sense.

Pretty much. Fox discovering the autopilot was fixed months earlier and the rebuilt Bat-Signal indicate that Bruce lives.

I just felt like scenes were just coming and going without really having an impact, particularly all the flashbacks to his childhood, which didn't really build any real familial connection, and then ended with the absurd

tornado scene

Yep, worst scene in the movie. Something was definitely off with the pacing. Would be curious to see what the script looks like compared to the film to see if it was more from poor writing or poor editing.

Yep, worst scene in the movie. Something was definitely off with the pacing. Would be curious to see what the script looks like compared to the film to see if it was more from poor writing or poor editing.

I don't know if a significantly longer director's cut will be released, but some of the issues struck me as similar to KINGDOM OF HEAVEN -- sometimes when you're trying to take out subplots (and/or condense existing scenes) -- you do damage to the story you set out to tell. It's not really a question of doing something "badly", it's that you have to serve one master or another: and with a summer blockbuster run-time can end up being your harsh wake-up call.

Edited by Telemachos