CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

Hell naw, its essential for muddin' ;) haha, but yeah DM2 has been doing work here all day, hows Florida doing? Sellouts?

Great, actually. Selling out very well in my area. Even 3D showings, and everybody down here fucking hates 3D (because it sucks). And it's raining, but we can handle it- all day, errday, rain on deck. 

Godzilla says 180-185

Kitik says 135-150

Sorry but there's no chance in hell it does a low as 135m for the 5 day with a 35m OD. It would have to utterly collapse after today, and why would an animated movie do that?

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Early Projections Pulled Straight From Gopher's Ass: Despicable Me 2: 38.7m Kevin Hart: 30.2mMonsters University: 8.2m Lone Ranger: 5.3m Man of Steel: -24.2m This Is the End: All the money in the world

• Like 4

To go as low as 135 DM2 would have to do something like this:

35m

21m (-40%)

26m (+23%)

30m (+15)

25m (-17%)

How could it hold that bad? It's not a superhero movie.

Exactly! With a 35 million opening day, I'd wager $150 million-$180 million is the range we're looking at

Friday and Saturday are gonna be skewed a bit from normal numbers. Look at 2002.

True that fri/sat jumps won't be as big as normal, but the Thursday drops will also be much smaller than normal so it evens out. DM2 won't drop more than 20% on Thursday. Even MIB2 only dropped 11% on the 4th back in 2002 when the calendar fell the same. And it wasn't an animated movie.

To go as low as 135 DM2 would have to do something like this: 35m21m (-40%)26m (+23%)30m (+15)25m (-17%) How could it hold that bad? It's not a superhero movie.

There's no way its dropping 40% on 4th of July............

True that fri/sat jumps won't be as big as normal, but the Thursday drops will also be much smaller than normal so it evens out. DM2 won't drop more than 20% on Thursday. Even MIB2 only dropped 11% on the 4th back in 2002 when the calendar fell the same. And it wasn't an animated movie.

Except that movies are a lot more frontloaded now, especially with midnights/sneaks. I think DM2 could drop more than 20%, but obviously it'll rebound on Friday.

Except that movies are a lot more frontloaded now, especially with midnights/sneaks. I think DM2 could drop more than 20%, but obviously it'll rebound on Friday.

Yeah we just don't know how front-loaded the movie will be, this is getting ridiculous. Anything over 125m I'm happy with.

Fairly small Thurs drop, followed by a sizable increase on Fri and possibly minor decrease on Sat (aka 2002) and another -20% or so on Sun.

Using the 32 number and MIB2's 2002 opening, if DM2 follows a fairly mediocre run thoughout the week then the 5 day breakdown could be around 32/26/31/29/24 = 142m, totally doable and still massive enough to push for 400m.