CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

Problem is that so many people call every film that disappoints a bomb that not that many people realize what films really did bomb. Godzilla is one that was considered a bomb also. Ring 2 was considered one.

Films that were true bombs:Town and Country

Pluto Nash

Of course due to DVD/Blu Ray/Merchandizing it is very hard to have a true bomb anymore. But that is another story....

• Like 1

Ouch for Man of Steel. 300 million is gonna take a big hit isn't it?

This is what happens when you have two movies opening in 3900+ cinemas at the same time. Edited by DespicableMEnions

Problem is that so many people call every film that disappoints a bomb that not that many people realize what films really did bomb. Godzilla is one that was considered a bomb also. Ring 2 was considered one.

Films that were true bombs:Town and Country

Pluto Nash

Of course due to DVD/Blu Ray/Merchandizing it is very hard to have a true bomb anymore. But that is another story....

Mars Needs Moms!

A disappointment brings in less than expected at the box office but still turns a profit eventually.

A bomb/flop disappoints at the box office AND hemorrhages money.

The Hangover Part III - disappointment.

John Carter - bomb/flop.

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 1

Godzilla 1998 was saved from OS grosses! :)(note it is my profile avatar)

Yeah, I've been meaning to talk to you about that.

Your name is KingKong, your avatar is Godzilla '98(ew), and your location is LV-426.

Three different references? 

• Like 2

Well it is raining now! After the hot weekend this is nice ;)

So TLR-great gross for a western, but still a flop due to it's budget, still can imagine a sequel down the road though for some reason.

Anyway-hope everyone has a great 4th of July! And to the British on here-hope you have a nice "Great loss of 76" day ;)

• Like 1

Didn't get to see a movie today... It doesn't feel like a birthday. :(

Too bad.

I saw F&F 6 on Monday, The Heat yesterday, and WHD today.

Enjoyed all three!!! (The Heat was my favorite.)

Did you do any counts or comparisons?

No I just took a quick look at Atlanta, NYC, Houston and a couple of SoCal theaters.

I think the problem with this movie is that it doesn't look like it will have the late, late shows other movies had on their OD.

These were sellouts for the state of SOUTH CAROLINA today

Despicable Me 2 - 51+

Lone Ranger - 3

Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain - 14 or 15 (all 9 oclock or later)

The Heat - 6

Monsters University - 7

World War Z - 2

Man Of Steel - 2

White House Down - 0

Some theaters weren't avalible through Fandango and MT didn't help, but I assume some of them had a few DM2 sellouts considering they were in some of the most populated parts of the state. And thats downright pathetic for TLR, even if this is the SE, considering it had around the same amount of showtimes as DM2, though being an hour longer, which I though was odd btw. Great day overall! The rain and overcast didn't stop us from coming out!

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 5

WWW I hated that movie with a passion

Best thing about that movie was the giant fucking spider that Kevin Smith talked about in his speech regarding his time as the screenwriter for Superman. Producer Jon Peters demanded that Smith put a giant fucking spider in the Superman script. Obviously Smith's script was never used for a Superman movie, but a few years later Smith saw Wild Wild West and what was in the climax? Peters' giant fucking spider. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Peters#Superman_Lives.2C_Superman_Returns_and_Man_of_Steel

• Like 5