CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

Can you tell if a movie was sold out on movietickets.com? I found some theaters that weren't on Fandango, but does MT use slashes or no?

I think they do, but unless you have a lot of time on your hands, I dunno how worth it it is to check MT as well.

• Like 1

Fairly small Thurs drop, followed by a sizable increase on Fri and possibly minor decrease on Sat (aka 2002) and another -20% or so on Sun.

Using the 32 number and MIB2's 2002 opening, if DM2 follows a fairly mediocre run thoughout the week then the 5 day breakdown could be around 32/26/31/29/24 = 142m, totally doable and still massive enough to push for 400m.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Thursday drop was a bit bigger than that. The 4.7m Tuesday previews should lead to a bigger Wed-Thur drop.

Something more like 35/25/30/30/25

Can you tell if a movie was sold out on movietickets.com? I found some theaters that weren't on Fandango, but does MT use slashes or no?

As far as I can tell, movietickets simply grays out sold out shows. Unfortunately, they also gray out any showtimes you can't buy tickets for, regardless of the reason, so it's difficult to gauge which are actually sellouts.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

So if DM2 hits 175 m for the 5-day what would be the range for the final gross?

$375m would be the absolute floor at the point. If it hits $175m in five days, Shrek 2 could be attainable. There's just no proper comparisons for a huge animated sequel opening on July 4 weekend. But winning the summer would be a very safe bet if it did manage to open that high.

• Like 4

You know-I didn't see TS3 or Brave on there OW's, and I have yet to see MU. (And I will see DM2 as well sometime)

Edited by Impact