AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

In my screening yesterday, there was cheers and applause twice during the movie (and no, not because the movie was finally over) :)

I'm sure this will be a crowd-pleaser. Or maybe I have really bad taste in movies  <_<

I think Congo is awesome.

Whatever.

Cjohn, you & me are probably the last Man of Steel apologists around here.

Everyone makes fun of it now.

Fuck the haters.

large.gif

And on the would bang old comic book lady scale...Ma Kent > Aunt May.

That's a Diane Lane versus Marisa Tomei comment if you're confused.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

His score is fantastic. Some scenes are truly amazing because of his score.

The scores nothing original nor special. It has nothing on the original Williams score.

And despite how middle of the road the score is for Zimmer (one of the most overrated composers out there), its still easily the best part of the atrocious cultural/cinematic genocide (using it as an expression) Man of Steel is apart of and represents. (I'm not excusing Marvel films either)

I went off a bit right there and will tone it back, but with each superhero film that come out the more distaste I have for them. The few exceptions for great superhero films recently were Guardians of the Galaxy (which really isn't a superhero film, just a marvel one), Iron Man, The Avengers, and the Dark Knight.

I'm pretty much done with the genre, and it's likely within a few years of 7-8 superhero films a year the GA will be done too.

Edited by The Panda

Remember that brief moment after Paul Blart 1 opened and it seemed like Kevin James was gonna happen and we all collectively screamed in agony

Seems so long ago

• Like 2

Remember that brief moment after Paul Blart 1 opened and it seemed like Kevin James was gonna happen and we all collectively screamed in agony

Seems so long ago

Remember when Kevin James was known as "the fat guy who held his own against Will Smith in Hitch?"