AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

This appears to be aimed at people who have never played a video game in their lives.

Which is why it should have solid GA appeal.

It definitely isn't a nerd/fanboy film, since it only focuses on classic 80s arcade game. Based on the advertising, it even mocks hardcore gamers to some degree (Peter Dinklage and Josh Gad) 

Edited by mahnamahna

It's Shitdler. 

If another production company had bid for it and won, we might see a better movie.

Only reason I want it to do well is because I own shares of it on HSX, and I think it could potentially still hit the high predictions. Otherwise, couldn't care less about it. 

• Like 1

I don't know why this is being looked at as a Sandrr film. I prefer to look at it as a Chris Colombus film; that makes me excited for it...!

Truth be told, Columbus is the best director Sandler has worked with in ages.

So this movie has a chance of being...completely mediocre.

• Like 2

I saw this on Thursday and I actually really enjoyed it. It wasn't too immature, the arcade game stuff is great and the main cast are all pretty funny.

I was worried this was going to be a fun concept done horribly, but I actually liked this a lot.

• Like 2

I saw this on Thursday and I actually really enjoyed it. It wasn't too immature, the arcade game stuff is great and the main cast are all pretty funny.

I was worried this was going to be a fun concept done horribly, but I actually liked this a lot.

Question:

Does Sean Bean die?

• Like 1

Extremely mediocre. Nowadays Columbus makes paint-by-numbers films that just look paint-by-numbers. He's basically turned into an even more boring version of Brian Levant.

We can at least credit him for giving a career boost to a certain impossibly beautiful actress. ;)

• Like 1

Which is why it should have solid GA appeal.

It definitely isn't a nerd/fanboy film, since it only focuses on classic 80s arcade game. Based on the advertising, it even mocks hardcore gamers to some degree (Peter Dinklage and Josh Gad)

Why in the world would a video game movie appeal to those who don't play? Where is the GA appeal there?

Why in the world would a video game movie appeal to those who don't play? Where is the GA appeal there?

Same way a comic book film would?

What percentage of the XMen, Avengers, Batman, Superman audience have even read one copy of a comic book? I know I haven't but i want to still see those characters on screen.

Most people know pac-man, donkey kong, space invaders regardless of whether they played them. And also it didn't stop Wreck it Ralph doing decent numbers.

What percentage of the XMen, Avengers, Batman, Superman audience have even read one copy of a comic book? I know I haven't but i want to still see those characters on screen.

Most people know pac-man, donkey kong, space invaders regardless of whether they played them. And also it didn't stop Wreck it Ralph doing decent numbers.

Looking at Naver ratings, Pixels seems to be doing decently well with audiences. It is at a 8.3 which while not great WOM is still not bad.

• Like 1

Looking at Naver ratings, Pixels seems to be doing decently well with audiences. It is at a 8.3 which while not great WOM is still not bad.

Yeah the audience I was in laughed quite a lot and this was a group of mostly teen-twentysomething Koreans that probably haven't played a lot of centipede recently.

Yeah, people know the characters but do they care about them? Who is the audience here? That's what I really wanna know. Also, Wreck-It Ralph was Disney's well-received holiday animated film. It did very well but couldn't break 200M. Sorry, I'm not hating on this flick but these massive predictions are leaving me befuddled. It just doesn't have the hype or interest to come close to any of these numbers IMO. Not to mention Minions, Ant-Man, Inside Out and JW still taking in the family dollars.

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 1